Need some Pickup Help for new Lester.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Pickup Help for new Lester.

I got another Gibson LP and already have 2. 1 with EMG Zack set up and another with WCR Fillmores.
    Looking for a pick up "set" that can do the old school PAf thing but scream on demand. I don't do metal. More along the lines of pure blues to heavy rock.

Re: Need some Pickup Help for new Lester.

Get a set of PG's. You'll be glad you did.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

What are PG's?
      thanks

Comment

Pearly Gates. They do exactly what you just described, at least in my Lester.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I think PGs might be a good fit but I have never used those and just know what others say concerning the PG. The guy in Godsmack uses a PG as does the guitarist for System of a Down so it can get heavy.

I am really liking the Duncan Custom. You might give it a shot. I find it warmer and thicker than the JB, great clean, thicker/fatter than the C-5 and also warmer.

Comment

for a bluesier tone, you might look into AII magnet driven pups. Seth Lover would be great. If you need a lot of output to drive your amp, you might think about CC in the bridge. I just love the AIIpro/CC combination in my LP. It makes a very warm blues tone, cleans up great, and does a good job of 60's and 70's hard rock.
            Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
              Pearly Gates. They do exactly what you just described, at least in my Lester.
              and in mine too!
              I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Comment

Screamin' Demon in the Bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck is a good combo ina LP.

As-is a pair of Seth's (depending what you're after)

Comment

Working...
                X