Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: peplacing tone zone in strat

Originally posted by RG 2570
    listen i bought a air zone yesterday,i wanted to get the duncan custom but GC did have have them have to be ordered with a 2 week wait!
    anyway the air zone is a lot like a JB but fatter,deeper it has a better clean tone and the low notes are much better than on the TZ.
    it has dynamics and clarity out the wazoo for such a fat toned pup
    so far it is the best i have tried.but i still want to give the custom a shot
    i was thinking about buying an air zone actually. could you post some clips maybe?
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

I love my Full Shred for metal. I have it in my 2 humbucker ash American Strat. I think it really works well with the strat tone, especially for shred, as the name implies.

Of course, you could always try any of the above SD pups and then exchange with Seymour's 21 day policy...assuming that you want to stick with Duncans.

Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by yes-fan
        i was thinking about buying an air zone actually. could you post some clips maybe?
        i have no way to make clips and post, but i can assure you this it is like another pup.
        the only thing it has in common with the TZ is the name ZONE

if you have ever tried a JB it is like that but more vintage and fat sounding.
        dimarzio says it is like a extra fat paf and i agree 100% and it has balls to spare when needed.
        the duncan custom when i get one will have to be a phenomenal sounding pup
        to make me swap it out for this AZ

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
          i have no way to make clips and post, but i can assure you this it is like another pup.
          the only thing it has in common with the TZ is the name ZONE

if you have ever tried a JB it is like that but more vintage and fat sounding.
          dimarzio says it is like a extra fat paf and i agree 100% and it has balls to spare when needed.
          the duncan custom when i get one will have to be a phenomenal sounding pup
          to make me swap it out for this AZ
          i think im gonna do this. buy the air zone for 60 bucks then if i dont like it i will send it back and get my money back and buy a custom then if i dont like that i will swapp it for a full shred. then if i dont like that im gonna burn all my guitars.
          Down at the edge, close by a river.
          Close to the edge, round by the corner.
          Close to the end, down by the corner.
          Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Working...
          X