Pickup Legs a tad long any shorter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Legs a tad long any shorter?

You kno the legs on the pickup where you screw in the screw and the spring.. well i have a shallow body in my marauder and i was wondering if i have to order special pickups or just hack away at the legs with a saw

i tried to put in a gibson 57 plus and it was to big to fit.. does anyone know of anypickups with shorter legs or no legs at all

the original pickups screw in on the sides with no legs
    see the creation of this world
    see it all reduced to ash
    in the blink of a sunken eye
    i see one hundred winters pass
    my blessing, my curse
    perpetually i'm damned to earth
    of a soul i am bereft
    forever dying to be dead - Black Dahlia Murders

Re: Pickup Legs a tad long any shorter?

Unless you are handy and have the right thread tap, you will need to place an SD custom order with the exact dimensions or send the old pup to them.

Comment

The Gibson pickups have the traditional long leg baseplate. Almost all SD humbuckers are available with the short leg baseplate that many modern guitars require. It is not a custom shop order but the SD models that do require a change out (59s, Seths, Antiquities, some others) must be ordered that way by your dealer. Some SD dealers keep short leg pickups in stock, but if not it's generally not a long wait to get them in depending on whom you order from.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

cant you just buy a baseplate with short legs from one of those pickup parts dealers and switch em out?

Comment

Sure, but you'd be voiding your warranty and any hope of returning it.

Comment

Working...
          X