4reelz! 20 years and still kicking

Leave a comment:

• Mononoaware
    replied
    This is one tough zombie!

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied
    I like Lace Sensors newer humbucker sized offerings, but I haven't had too much of a chance with their single coils. I'm debating at some point getting an Emerald neck, Gold middle, and Burgundy bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Falloffthebonetone
    replied
    Re: Lace Sensor Hot Gold Review

Somebody forgot to double tap the zombie.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

and with misinformation too!!

Leave a comment:

• trevorus
    replied

Thread started 2004, thread death. Resurrect 2007. Thread death. Resurrect 2015. Amazing.

Leave a comment:

• MesaTone
    replied

My Lace Hot Gold reversed in the neck gives me the old Alvin Lee/TYA tone, and is perfect for my old school stuff.

Lace Hot Golds, and regular Golds, aren't exactly 'Strat correct', but they sound great and don't hum. I liken them to a cross between regular singles and humbuckers. I can say, without a doubt, they sound better reversed, logo towards the neck. A little thicker, fuller in the highs, and aligns the magnets when using a different brand of HB in the bridge, like a SD JB+. Lace has their magnet's north facing towards the bridge, SD has them facing the neck. Don't know about DM. I don't personally like an out-of-phase tone, sounds weak and toneless to me.

A Hot Gold in the neck, regular Gold low in the middle, both reversed, a JB+ in the bridge and a superswitch. My favorite combo for a SSH setup.

Leave a comment:

• sonnyblu
    replied

Hey.... I do that all the time... I'm not into time! lol I'm just digging for info anywhere, anytime, anyhow.
    The lower magnetic string pull of the Lace PU's (other than the Holy Grails) really is a great physical attribute as mentioned in the original post. I really notice it now. I hope that the DiMarzio Area's are similar in that respect... because I am so very used to it.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSteve
    replied

Did anyone else notice this thread is 3 years old? I did end up buying a set of Hot Golds with the 13.6 bridge for my MIM Strat. I thought they sounded fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
    Whats the difference between the stock Golds and the ones you speak of?
    The Hot Golds have hotter magnets, compared to the orginal Golds. Does not mean they distort easier, but IMHO gives a more sensitive attack and sligthly more bottom thump. And, compared to ordinary single coils, a smoother sound that goes well with the Mike Stern-like jazz fusion I play.

Leave a comment:

• danglybanger
    replied

I really didn't like how they wouldn't quack or twang...

...but you have a JM? show it!

Leave a comment:

• Bludave
    replied

I have 2 Clapton Strats that came stock with the Gold Lace sensors. My black EC Strat is my favorite electric guitar. Whats the difference between the stock Golds and the ones you speak of?

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

I have had 2 Lace Hot Golds in my HSS HM Strat Ultra for some years now. Recently I changed the neck pickup to something else, just for the fun of it, but soon went back. The Hot Golds gives me exactly the tone I want: itīs slightly smoother compared to other single coil pickups, and thatīs fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

donzo made me a custom set of the hot golds a few years ago. the best lace pups ive ever used. 7.2k neck, 6.2k middle, 14.4k bridge.

that said, i still like my duncans much better. a set of antiquitys is just a tonal work of art

Leave a comment:

• sonnyblu
    replied

I love the Lace Golds, Hot Golds and Silvers... Very low string pull, sweet, smooth tone and great sustain. The 13.2K Bridge is very cool also, it is just a little to dark to use all the time for my situation. I need more spank! But I agree, I do prefer it to the "Lil 59"... But I really want to know about the "Lace Power Sensors" Thanks to Seymour Duncan, That I can ask that here. But really... Hasn't anyone tried them? I'm looking for a review... you hear "Bridge of Crys" or "Based on a very special 1974 Strat" So I figure they are referring to Robin Trower of course. I have some on order... so I will post when I try them out. I would really like to hear some more opinions about them. Thanks...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X