Pickup size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup size

I dont understand if the SDP90's are single coil or humbuckers. I want to achieve Muse's sound in a Gibson SG, and from what I've read Matt Bellamy uses SDP90's, STK-T3b and STK-T1n. Can anyone tell me if the P90 fits an SG and where can I find information about the other two pickups, since I am unable to find them on the seymour duncan website? Thanks.

Re: Pickup size

The p-90's are bigger than a strat single coil but smaller than a humbucker. Try the phatcats, which are a p-90 in a humbucker cover. I have no idea about the stacks. I'll see if I cant find some info for ya. Welcome to the forum, bro.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
      The p-90's are bigger than a strat single coil but smaller than a humbucker. Try the phatcats, which are a p-90 in a humbucker cover. I have no idea about the stacks. I'll see if I cant find some info for ya. Welcome to the forum, bro.
      The P-100 (Gibby's hum-cancelling p-90's) are p-90 size, the Phat Cats are the way to go for a guitar routed for HB's, either those or the DMZ Bluesbucker. Those other codes look like stacked tele neck and a bridge of some sort. There not on the site under Tele guitars? The P-90's should be listed under specialty ... unless I'm missing something ... the dimensions should be available on a pop up window. I think all parts or stewmac carries some type of conversion ring for HB to P-90's, I know I saw something like that somewhere.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

First of all, thanks beandip for the welcome and the recomendation about the phatcats. I am actually new in customizing guitars, and dont know a thing about changing pickups, wiring and all that stuff. What I want to do is achieve Muse´s sound, and I´ve read the guitar player uses Seymour Duncan pickups and Rio Grande pickups. So I want to have the closest sound possible to that of Muse.

Anywho, thanks for the help, and further tips are welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X