Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat clone --- need help

OK,

I've got an old Rt 101 guitar Solimar that has been sitting in my closet for awhile. It came with 'Duncan Designed' pickups that I have not been happy with at all. The guitar has an ash body, rosewood fingerboard, single, single, full humbucker.

I want to swap out ALL the pickups I have. The Humbucker I've got picked out is the Pearly Gates, but I'm just looking for some direction on the 2 single coils. My primary guitars are acoustic, so I'm not terribly familiar with all of the different tone characteristics on the single coils. I'm looking for something that can really sing with clean tones.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks
    David Rossi
    The Underhills
    www.theunderhills.com

Re: Strat clone --- need help

do u want the single coil's that are true single coil's or single coil sized humbuckers. if you getting true single coil's try the aps-2 if your getting single coil sized humbucker the cool rails are nice. Kinmans woodstocks are awesome for everything thoug if you can afford them.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Re: Strat clone --- need help

Originally posted by fusion101
      do u want the single coil's that are true single coil's or single coil sized humbuckers. if you getting true single coil's try the aps-2 if your getting single coil sized humbucker the cool rails are nice. Kinmans woodstocks are awesome for everything thoug if you can afford them.
      As long as I can clean tone with it, it doesn't really matter. Whats in there now are true single coils.

Any wiring difference between the rails or true single coils ??
      David Rossi
      The Underhills
      www.theunderhills.com

Comment

Working...
      X