Just found out something kickass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found out something kickass

I apparently have some of the first pickups Fender made with the flat pole pieces. To Fender specs, it says they went to flat in January of '73, but mine are clearly stamped December of '72. I was on the FDP and was contacted by a guy, and he said that of all his years of working on Fenders, He's only seen two other sets of pickups marked '72 with flat mags. How friggin cool is that? :fing25:
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: Just found out something kickass

*runs away crying* BEANDIP!! Don't rub it in! lol...

What's the FDP, and is there anything special about these pickups other than the date?
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Fender Discussion Page. Only other forum I participate in. The thing that makes them special, besides date and inherited mojo, is that the stuff they were made out of made 'em sound pretty damn good.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

well rock on then, beandip! Yee hee for rare pickups! lol
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
        X