banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC with Dimarzio Virtual 2 neck & middle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC with Dimarzio Virtual 2 neck & middle??

Has anyone tried this combination in a Strat? I recentley installed the mentioned Dimarzio's in my Strat and I like them a lot. It seems lately that low powered pickups using Alnico 5 magnets really grind on my ears big time when playing with a clean tone. The stock Tex Mex single coils that were in my Strat had this effect. The Virtual 2's use Alnico 2 magnets and for me they are much, much more ear friendly. They produce a very big, full Strat sound and the highs have some punch to them. A very clear and BIG Strat sound. I keep reading how many consider a Custom Custom in the bridge of a Strat to be one of the Holy Grails of tone. Seeing how the V-2's use Alnico 2's as the CC does I though it might be worth a try. Anybody? Thanks for your time.

Re: CC with Dimarzio Virtual 2 neck & middle??

I don't like Dimarzio (without ever having played them, they just don't conduct business well, IMO), but that would be a great combo. The CC totally works in the bridge of a Strat, and with other A-2 pickups, would be super high quality tone. I suggest that, or a PG.

Comment

Working...
    X