Strat bridge suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat bridge suggestion?

My MIM Strat, I need to do something with the bridge pickup. I have a QP in the neck, I dig it. The A2P in the mid, dig it tremendously. the Custom staggered in the bridge, it isn't doing a damned thing for me. I'm looking to go with something that will give me a moderate amount of power, nothing super heavy (unless you guys think it's a great idea for versatility), and not a JB Jr. as I will soon have a JB and A2P in my SG, and don't want the same thing. I know the Humbuckers really well, but don't know the single coils nearly as well, so any suggestions would be great.

-Jeremy

Re: Strat bridge suggestion?

Well you definitely should look into antiquity strat s/c custom. It is a strat bridge pickup, has a2 rods, and measures like 9.50K. The tone I get depends on how I use it, I mean it is very responsive to pick attack, and tone controls on the guitar.

It can be beefy if needed, and becomes a strat single coil when necessary. I would say it works best in bright strats.

I dig my van zandt blues bridge, yet that one is a standard strat bridge pickup (and it is wonderful). But it cannot get as beefy as the ant custom can.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

any other suggestions? I'm thinking, maybe a Twangbanger, but I don't know...

Comment

Hot Rails so you can toss in a few Iron Maiden licks in the middle of a set
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

haha, that's a plan too...

Comment

Working...
          X