banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally came to a decision about pups for my Gibby LP.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally came to a decision about pups for my Gibby LP.........

Hey guys.

For anyone that may remember, I've been trying to work out what pups I wanted to put in my Gibby LP Standard for a while now. I went through practically every combination of low to mid output pickups, and could never make a decision on which to have. So I bit the bullet and bought a set of Seths from a fellow forum member

I'll let you all know how I like them when they arrive

Thanx for the help guys.

Craig

Re: I finally came to a decision about pups for my Gibby LP.........

although I've only used the SD '59 N and JB B that are in my Hamer Studio, I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of the "PAF" type HB's
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
      although I've only used the SD '59 N and JB B that are in my Hamer Studio, I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of the "PAF" type HB's
      Agreed !!!
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I've also come to the conclusion to get a pair of seths... I was thinking a 59 neck with a 59 or distortion bridge, but experimented and got dimarzio PAF7's for an epiphone I had... the neck is bassy but the bridge is great - qualities of both vintage and metal pickups, very interesting... but I still wanted a more classic sound available.... interestingly enough, the bridge was between the JB or Seth from the clips I heard, but I prefer the Seth cleans by far even though with overdrive the JB sounds fine... neck I could still go with a Seth or Alnico II Pro (even a phat cat), but I know for sure that I would like the Alnico II Pro or HB P90 so I'm going to get the Seth.

Comment

I have a Demon and a PG in my Epi LP, so wanted something more 'vintage' for my Gibb LP. I'm sure I'll love the Seths, when they arrive that is

Comment

Be sure to post a review of them..it's always helpful to hear another Forum members' 1st hand point of view.....
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
              Be sure to post a review of them..it's always helpful to hear another Forum members' 1st hand point of view.....
              Yup, i'll be sure to!

My plan is that when my Seth's have arrived, that I'll do clips of all my guitars that have SD's, as my clips at the minute are out of date!

Comment

Although I haven't used this combo in a Les Paul, i hear the JB/Jazz is almost a perfect combo for a les Paul. I had a guy tell me he has been through every Duncan p'up and plays jazz to metal with the JB/Jazz in all (8) of his Pauls. That says a lot about that pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                  Although I haven't used this combo in a Les Paul, i hear the JB/Jazz is almost a perfect combo for a les Paul. I had a guy tell me he has been through every Duncan p'up and plays jazz to metal with the JB/Jazz in all (8) of his Pauls. That says a lot about that pickup.
                  The JB/Jazz is probably the most VERSATILE pickup combo I've heard in a Les Paul.
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
                  X