Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Newbie wants to install pups!

Hey guys,

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 HSS next to me with two Seymour Duncan pickups, not inside the guitar :P

I have contemplated sending it in to a guitar shop but I wanna give it a go (if there is not much risk involved)...

I intend to put the single coil in the neck, the hummer in the bridge, and leaving the middle one switched off.

If I wanted to wire this up, how would I go about doing this?

I should get the instruction manual soon.

Thanks
    Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Help! Newbie wants to install pups!

I'd begin by taking a look at "strat pickup replacement" in the tips thread in the Vault, and the shematics on the main SD site

and before you start, draw a very good diagram of the current wiring - even take a picture if you can for reference, and to make sure you can get everything back to stock if you need to
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Re: Help! Newbie wants to install pups!

Do I understand you correctly, that you don't want to have a middle pickup in this guitar? I mean, it would be there, but no noise would come out of it? If so, then you should go to the store and pick up a telecaster 3 -way switch. It looks like a regular strat switch but it will allow you to switch just between those two pups. The wiring should be pretty easy. Grab yourself a low power 10-20w soldering iron, some high quality solder, and some electrical tape at a local electronics store. You may also want a pair of needle nose pliars. It's pretty dang easy. Get this wiring diagram, and print it out: http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...ead_stack.html

It's for a tele with a stack (which is a humbucker). Even though the pups don't look just like yours, the wires shoud look right.
      Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Working...
      X