humbucker from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker from hell

anybody try one of these? i was thinking of putting one in the neck of my strat just to try it out. is it just like a normal strat tone? or is it hotter? how does it sound distorted, how about clean. is it more of a modern sound or a vintage one? have you tryed it in the bridge? i heard its crazy in the bridge. somebody tell me all about it.
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Re: humbucker from hell

listen to paul gilberts "BRO" for a pretty good example.

Comment

ha. i have listened to that many many times. if i put it in a strat through a marshall will it sound similar do you think?

Comment

in the bridge, well, lets just say "attack!!!!"
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
          in the bridge, well, lets just say "attack!!!!"
          i think i am gonna try it in the bridge and if i dont like the "attack" then i will keap it in the neck.(i heard it in the neck today at guitar center and it is sweet!)

Comment

what's it sound like in enck?

Comment

well, anyone that would possibly kno this, is it a good metal pup? i mean im a lead guitarist and i want a nice mate for my Screamin Demon. I play like a metal style, i wanna keep it heavy but at the same time stay bright. (if not, plz name a good couple)
              "One time, a computer beat me at chess, but it wasnt very good at boxing" - Venomguitar
              "I like, got soap in my eye, and i like, tried to wash it out with soap man, like totally" - One of my fellow stoners

'91 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Stock pups)
              Jackson SL-1 (tb-6 in the back, hotrails up front)
              Dunlop Crybaby
              Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0mm picks
              Digitech XMM Metal Master

Flextone Duo
              Peavey Backstage Plus (100 watt version)

Comment

It's great in the neck but I wouldn't use it in the bridge.

For the neck it's very single coil like but with more punch and fuller sounding...but it gets great cleans and is very chimey as well.

I love it in my superstrat...sounds fantastic. I'm not really a shredder but I can see why Gilbert uses it in the neck...it has amazing clarity for all that speed stuff...never flubs out or is muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli

For the neck it's very single coil like but with more punch and fuller sounding...but it gets great cleans and is very chimey as well.

I love it in my superstrat...sounds fantastic. I'm not really a shredder but I can see why Gilbert uses it in the neck...it has amazing clarity for all that speed stuff...never flubs out or is muddy.
                  described to a T!

Comment

i know he uses it in the neck of some of his guitars but i thought he also used it in the bridge too.

Comment

Dont Put the Humbucker from Hell in the neck of your strat. I had one in the neck of my Explorer and it sounded nothing like that clip on the Dimarzio website. It sounded like like a dud( just plain borring) I took the thing out after a week and put the stock Gibson pickup back in. Now i have the HBH in the bridge of a nother guitar but the guitar is broke so i dont know what the pickup sounds like in the bridge.

Comment

so, your sayin it dont sound like it does on the website? (that would have been to good to be true!)
                        "One time, a computer beat me at chess, but it wasnt very good at boxing" - Venomguitar
                        "I like, got soap in my eye, and i like, tried to wash it out with soap man, like totally" - One of my fellow stoners

'91 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Stock pups)
                        Jackson SL-1 (tb-6 in the back, hotrails up front)
                        Dunlop Crybaby
                        Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0mm picks
                        Digitech XMM Metal Master

Flextone Duo
                        Peavey Backstage Plus (100 watt version)

Comment

Originally posted by yes-fan
                          i know he uses it in the neck of some of his guitars but i thought he also used it in the bridge too.

I have a short video where he says he uses the Humbucker from Hell in the neck and the Tone Zone and/or PAF Pro in the bridge. He may use it in the bridge also but that can't sound good IMO unless you really like single coil sounding bridge tones.

Mine sounds like that clip somewhat although I'm nowhere near the player that PG is and his hands have a good amount in that tone as well.
                          Last edited by ranalli; 06-21-2004, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I have a short video where he says he uses the Humbucker from Hell in the neck and the Tone Zone and/or PAF Pro in the bridge. He may use it in the bridge also but that can't sound good IMO unless you really like single coil sounding bridge tones.

Mine sounds like that clip somewhat although I'm nowhere near the player that PG is and his hands have a good amount in that tone as well.
                            were did you see the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Venomguitar
                              so, your sayin it dont sound like it does on the website? (that would have been to good to be true!)

Yes.

But then again the guitar i had it in was mahagony and maybe its just to dark of a wood. Maybe it would sound better in alder but i dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X