SC pickups combined with the SD JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC pickups combined with the SD JB

Hi y'all, I just signed up, but before any one flames for starting a "I'm new" thread, I have a question for you folks!

I have bought an SD JB humbucker to go in my H-S-S guitar, but I have no clue what kind of SC pickups I should think of putting in the middle and neck position.
    I play mostly metal, but thats what the JB is for. I would like to have a good clean sound for my neck position, and a kinda "hollowed" lead tone for my mid that would be combinable with eachother and the JB. Any suggestions? I tried using the tone wizard, but it only suggested high gain pickups.
    Well, I hope this wont cause to much of an headache, since this is a kinda complicated question.
    Thanks!

Re: SC pickups combined with the SD JB

I had a pair of little 59's paired with a JB in a guitar I sold. They matched up really well but it just didn't have the tone I was looking for. I much prefer the Cool Rails to the little 59. It would match very well with a JB and would provide some cool tones in the mid. I have one in the mid position matched with a Distortion (very sweet).

The Vintage Rails is also an amazing sounding pickup. You get the single coil cleans without the noise. If you want a true single coil, you might look at something like a Quarter Pounder to match with a hotter pickup like the JB. Otherwise you might have a little too much volume drop-off when switching between the two.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I use JB/b, SSL1/m, HotRails/n and don't have the a problem with volume drop-off. As I want to use the middle-positions for ultra-clean I'm glad about the lower output.
      Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
      Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
      Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, I will make my decision easier

Comment

Working...
        X