Dimebucker full shred or x2n super 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker full shred or x2n super 2

Any of you guys have either combo in a guitar? I'd prefer duncans buy I'm not sure if they would be better then the x2n s 2 combo.

Re: Dimebucker full shred or x2n super 2

Well I have a dimebucker in my epi lp, and a full shred in my old crappy guitar hehe but I don't ahve them together. I play a lot of metal/hard rock, and the dimebucker is a great pup imo. No, it doesn't give you that "classic" metal sound (aka using a DD or JB), but its got plenty of bottom end, good tight crunch for palm muting, great harmonics, and it cleans up very nicely as well. Really, I wanted a new, hard sound, and the DB fit my tastes.

I haven't played the FS in awhile (I use a JB in the neck with my Dime), but from what I remember it has a very tight bottom end and is quite articulate. Very nice for doing fast trem picking/legato/alt picking runs. It would probably be a pretty nice compliment to the Dime.

Sorry no clue on Dimarizos so don't know how a Dime/FS would compare to them. But hey, they're Duncans man, can't go wrong really!

Comment

Yea I think I'm going for the dime it seems to be the most kick ass duncan. I might just leave the 59 in the neck for now and see how that works.

Comment

I briefly put a 59 in the neck spot of my Epi and I really didn't like it. Or at least I can say I didn't like it in conjunction with a high output Humbucker in the bridge. The contrast was just too great with the 59 sounding too small and weak compared to my bridge humbucker. Lots like the 59, and I'm sure paired with a low/med output HB and/or with other styles of music its a darn good pickup. But it didn't work for what I wanted to do.

Comment

if you decide on the super II i have a new one for sale

Comment

Working...
          X