Fernandes Sustainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes Sustainer

Has anyone had any experience with these pickups. I am gassing for a ravelle but not sure on which one the Elite or the deluxe. Pros and cons and such. And sound clips if you are willing to.
    Gear Owned.
    PRS Modern Eagle Single Cut trem
    PRS Custom 24
    Splawn Nitro
    Splawn 4x12 g12-75s/vintage 30
    Zakk Wylde Wah
    Maxon Od808
    Boss tu-2
    Boss Ns-2

Re: Fernandes Sustainer

I worked on a Fernandez with the Sustainer thing on it a couple of years ago. The pickups were average, not horrible but nothing to write home about either.

The Sustainer caused a feedback loop that allowed a single note to feedback and sustain for quite awhile. It was fun for a minute but it wasn't all that cool. A good tube amp opened up does the same thing.

The guitar was well enough put together and played nicely.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: Fernandes Sustainer

Originally posted by Robert S.
      I worked on a Fernandez with the Sustainer thing on it a couple of years ago. The pickups were average, not horrible but nothing to write home about either.

The Sustainer caused a feedback loop that allowed a single note to feedback and sustain for quite awhile. It was fun for a minute but it wasn't all that cool. A good tube amp opened up does the same thing.

The guitar was well enough put together and played nicely.
      Well put, Robert. I've messed around with them a couple of times, and agree an opened up tube amp gives the same ( better, in most instances ) results. ...
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
      X