Les Paul pickup talk again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul pickup talk again

I know this has been disscussed alot but I thought I would pu a spin by putting in the bands I plan to cover witch include STP, Alice In Chains, Nickelback, Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave and classic rock lick ZZtop.

I have a 59 neck and bridge right now and find the bridge too bright for my taste. I think I am going to keep the neck so I just need a bridge. I was thinking one of the customs ( cc is the one I think) or alnico 2 pro

Thanks guys this forum is great

Re: Les Paul pickup talk again

Maybe a Distortion... that'll do the AIC, Rage, and STP stuff for ya...

Comment

A Custom would give you a fatter sound than the '59 and is a good pickup to cover both modern and classic rock tones. Sounds great in an LP.

Comment

JB
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Yeah a JB or a CC, they will both cover a lot of ground.
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

cool I never gave much thought to the JB because someone told me it would be brighter than the 59. out of the customs my best bet would be cc then?

Comment

Originally posted by lpstudio
              cool I never gave much thought to the JB because someone told me it would be brighter than the 59. out of the customs my best bet would be cc then?
              CC would definately be a good choice.
              -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
              I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Id go the CC man, ive recently been trying to decide on the same thing and after a lot of thought im going with a CC.
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

what about the clean sound the sound sample hear sounds kind of dull. Does anyone have any clean sound samples of the cc in a leas paul?

Comment

JB & CC are great choices. The A-2 Pro is also a good one. You might even consider a C-5, although I haven't heard one in a LP yet.
                    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I'd go with the Distortion. Dont be afraid of that name, the Distortion has some nice cleans, great articulation/clarity (really!), it has balls, chunky low and mids and nice cutting highs and harmonics.

I have a Dist loaded in a Strat, and I'm playing PinkFloyd with that thing... the CC can sound dark in some LP, it did in mine last year, too sweet, not enough sudden "attack", it didnt cut thru.
                      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
                      X