• Show
Clear All

• what is fender's delta tone?

What exactly does it mean by no load?

BODY Alder
    NECK Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
    (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
    MACHINE HEADS Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
    FINGERBOARD Rosewood (p/n 011-7430) or Maple (p/n 011-7432), 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
    NO. OF FRETS 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
    PICKUPS 3 American Strat Single-Coil Pickups
    CONTROLS Master Volume,
    Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
    Tone 2. New “Delta Tone”
    (“Delta Tone” system includes high output bridge pickup and special No-Load tone control for Middle and Bridge Pickups)
    BRIDGE American Strat Strings-Through-Body Hard Tail Bridge with Stainless Steel Saddles
    PICKUP SWITCHING 5-Position Blade:
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup
    Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
    Position 3. Middle Pickup
    Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
    Position 5. Neck Pickup
    HARDWARE Chrome
    STRINGS Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-0250-003
    CASE Standard Molded Case
    PICKGUARD 3-Ply Parchment
    SCALE LENGTH 25.5” (648 mm)
    WIDTH AT NUT 1.6875” (43 mm)
    UNIQUE FEATURES “Parchment” Knobs and Pickup Covers,
    Original Headstock Shape,
    Original Body Shape with “Original Contour Body” Decal on Headstock,
    Rolled Fingerboard Edges,
    H/S/H Pickup Routing
    ACCESSORIES Standard Molded Case

Does this mean the bridge pick ups get mroe output or what? its kinda confusing for me and im intereste din looing into american fenders but i have no lcue what this means. Does it need batteries and is it actvated by a switch or what?
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: what is fender's delta tone?

No load pots, mean that when the pot is turned to 10, the divces is completely out of the circuit. It jut keeps the natural tone of the pickup when on 10 as if there was no pot at all.
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

so having no load increases the pick ups out? is there a switch to turn this on and off on the guitars? Im looking into either an american strat or tele one day and i'd liek to know how these functions work.

Comment

meh, sounds like another gimmick to me...

Usually Fender's American guitars have some little gadget or special feature that makes most people go "ooooh" but to me, a Strat is a Strat is a Strat.

Everybody buys Fenders so they can modify 'em anyway, so you could get a $350 Standard Strat and put all the bells and whistles you want on it for less.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

im more looking for an axe that need to modification at all. So it remains all stock. If i went mexican guitars i would have to mod it to death, kinda of liek my mim right now, but if i went MIA i can keep it stock as im sure it will sound fine with alnico manert pick ups, and will also probably be better in quality as well. Either a tele or one of those hard tail MIA strats look very nice, all black with maple neck......MMMM MMM!

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
            im more looking for an axe that need to modification at all. So it remains all stock.

Then, dont go for Fender !!

Seriously, the deltatone is a kind of gimmic that makes the bridge pickup a tad (just a tad) hotter and ear-piercing... I dont like that personaly.
            Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
              Then, dont go for Fender !!

Seriously, the deltatone is a kind of gimmic that makes the bridge pickup a tad (just a tad) hotter and ear-piercing... I dont like that personaly.
              It's not a gimmic, it does what it says it does .... It's just that Fender *overstates the case for it*. It's just a simple idea, and a good one ... with at 10 the tone control isn't in the system, so you don't have a tiny amount of high end being rolled off*. I don't think it makes it hotter per se', I guess that's all how one interprets it though. I do wonder why they had to give is a fancy name instead of just calling it a no-load pot, unless they are referring to the fact that it has a humbucker ... still I don't get it ... marketing ...shheeesh!
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I like my new US strat.

not necessarily because of the Delta tone, but because it sounds good

the Delta tone has a detent at 10 on the bridge/ mid tone pot. I usually play with the pot around 8, so the detent is more of a nuisance than anything.

the new pickups sound good to me - the bridge is wound hotter, and they wired the tone pot to the bridge the way I like it.

So, yes, if you're looking for an ax you really don't need to mod, they're fine. Just look at a bunch, as always. I find the neck a little on the thin side, but once you get 10's on there, it's fine.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Working...
                X