banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else find the dimarzio's to sound very electronic or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else find the dimarzio's to sound very electronic or ?

I dont know how else to explain what i am hearing in the dimarzio's i have tried?
    there is something added that duncans do not have? it sounds as if the pup was
    making it's own signature to the guitars tone?
    I prefer the duncan's purer tone actually but wanted to know i am just heairng things that are not there

Re: anyone else find the dimarzio's to sound very electronic or ?

its because dimarzios make sounds by themselves. duncans make sounds with the guitar. with dimarzios you are mainly hearing the pickups. but with duncans you are mainly hearing the guitar. i think. i dont like to follow that though. becasue i use both.
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
      Are such generalizations rightful? I mean a pickup's just magnet+winding. An alnico is just an alnico at DiMarzio, just like at Duncan. No magic.

These generalizations I hear on this board are hilarious. Laughable at best. Magnet, bobbins and winding....

Comment

Are such generalizations rightful? I mean a pickup's just magnet+winding. An alnico is just an alnico at DiMarzio, just like at Duncan. No magic.
        True. Although I think Dimarzio's are voiced differently. Every pickup manufacturers have different tone.

Originally posted by ranalli
        These generalizations I hear on this board are hilarious. Laughable at best. Magnet, bobbins and winding....

You mean.. you dont believe that a magnet and a winding has an effect on tone... if so...

Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
          True. Although I think Dimarzio's are voiced differently. Every pickup manufacturers have different tone.

You mean.. you dont believe that a magnet and a winding has an effect on tone... if so...

Yeah it has an effect on tone but more "electronic sounding"?? Please.....

If someone had said Dimarzios are generally more heavy in the mids or lower end I'd say, "yeah, you're right for the most part".

Comment

I use a JB and a Super Distortion. Personally, I don't find either of them sound very natural.

Naturally, my guitar goes pling pling pling plingGgGg pling.....

switch on either pickup and it goes CHUG CHUG CHUGA BlAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrAAAAaAa CHUGGA CHUGGGG

Just my opinion.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
              I use a JB and a Super Distortion. Personally, I don't find either of them sound very natural.

switch on either pickup and it goes CHUG CHUG CHUGA BlAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrAAAAaAa CHUGGA CHUGGGG

Just my opinion.

Thank-you....LOL.

No one is more natural than the other IMO....

I mean look at the C5....is it natural to scoop the mids on your guitar?? Same with the Dimebucker....

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
                Yeah it has an effect on tone but more "electronic sounding"?? Please.....
                Ok ok sorry
                Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy

Just my opinion.
                  meedly meedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeddlymeedlyme eedly!!

AND THE DRAGON COMES IN THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                    meedly meedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeedlymeddlymeedlyme eedly!!

AND THE DRAGON COMES IN THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now yer talking...LOL!!! I love the meedlymeedlymeedly!!

Comment

I dont find them electronic sounding as much but only associate the “electronic sounds” to artists like steve vai, paul gilbert, and joe satch who use llots of effects on their early albums like octavers, harmonisers and wah pedals etc. Any they use ibanez guitars. At first I though dimarzio was only associated with metal guitarists and ibanez guitars and i wouldnt go near them. Until I tried my friends Ibanez and the pickups in it were really primo they had a great bluesy sound to hem and they made his guitar sound fat. My first experience with them was a good one with a PAF PRO in neck and bridge whereas my first with s Duncan i was disappointed the scremain demon sounded thin brittle and crap in the bridge what i least expected considering they were very expensive $230 New Zealand dollars but the custom that was alot better great pickup. I actually really like the sound of dimarzios I wouldnt say they are electonic but just have a differnt voice often they have more mids, which I like specially if u want to make your guitar big in a mix.
                      Last edited by Dills; 06-22-2004, 07:37 PM.
                      PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                      1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                      Blackstar HT-5
                      2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                      Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "electronic" but the Dimarzio's that I've tried have really added new life to my guitars. The Air Zone and the Air Classic really warmed my Wolfgang up very nicely, and the Virtual 2 neck and middle pickups in my Strat gave it a nice big warm Strat sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike M.
                          I'm not sure what you mean by "electronic" but the Dimarzio's that I've tried have really added new life to my guitars. The Air Zone and the Air Classic really warmed my Wolfgang up very nicely, and the Virtual 2 neck and middle pickups in my Strat gave it a nice big warm Strat sound.
                          I dont know if "electronic" was the right reference,BUT it seems that the dimarzio's i have tried breed,tone zone, air zone,paf pro,super II,super D,
                          all have a un-organic quality to them?
                          NOW before the dimarzio lovers chime in again
                          I am not saying i find them bad or rotten sounding but i do find that for straight into the amp burning with NO EFFECTS the duncans sound rawer and much more organic toned

Comment

How do you define 'organic'?
                            it would be a tone that is just not dimarzio sounding
                            I just think that the duncans have a rawer tone that sounds normal when going straight into a amp and the dimarzio's seem to sound best when using a good amount of effects? chorus,delay,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                              I dont know if "electronic" was the right reference,BUT it seems that the dimarzio's i have tried breed,tone zone, air zone,paf pro,super II,super D,
                              all have a un-organic quality to them?
                              NOW before the dimarzio lovers chime in again
                              I am not saying i find them bad or rotten sounding but i do find that for straight into the amp burning with NO EFFECTS the duncans sound rawer and much more organic toned

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about....and I think it's called "mids"....LOL.

Furthermore, I've found Dimarzios to be equally as organic as the Duncans....just EQ'd differently for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                              X