Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about a Tele neck pickup

Hi all!

I just bought a small guitar at a fantastic price, couldn't pass on it. It's an ESP Hybrid 300. Close-out sale at Music123, I actually have one for almost 50% of the streeet price in Montreal. Can't go wrong, I still can sell it used for more than I paid for (not a bad argument for my wife either - of course she doesn't know yet ! ).

It has a humbucker in the bridge and a standard tele pup in the neck. I know strictly nothing about Tele pickup. All I know is that I want to make this guitar my blues axe. Body and neck is mahagony, rosewood FB.

Any suggestion for a fat blues Hum/Lipstick combo?

Thanks!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: Info about a Tele neck pickup

That is a cool guitar, I keep coming really close to buying one. The pups aren't bad that are it. Duncan designed pups, like a vintage Tele neck if I remember correctly. Check 'em out first and get used to it before you throw anything in. Good luck and nice score. I just bought a big Tascam unit from them, seem pretty cool to deal with so far.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Re: Info about a Tele neck pickup

I received it today! As well as my Tech 21 amp... all in the same shipment. Wow! What a cool little guitar. Compared to my Epi LP (which I came to profoundly hate for good reasons), the ESP Hybrid is bringing the fun back into playing.

The bridge humbucker is a HB102 (JB copy). Sounds soooo much better than the stock Epi pup. I always thouhgt I wouldn't like the JB, yet with what I hear now, I'm very tempted to slap a JB in there.

The neck lipstick is not very good though. Muffled, lack a lot of punch and clarity. This compares to crappy Epi pups.

The Trademarke 10 amp is a little devil. Can't believe it.

A-HA! Now I'm ready for the next CyberJam!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
      Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Working...
      X