59/Custom Hybrid EVH Samples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59/Custom Hybrid EVH Samples

OK, for those that are interested in hearing what a Duncan '59/Custom hybrid pickup sounds like, I have put up some brief samples at Soundclick. I picked up this pickup from Bachtorock (Peter). Very cool.

This pickup is standard (not F-spaced) and is in a Fender Strat with a Schaller original Floyd set against the body with an all maple neck through a Marshall AVT50. Everything is through the crunch channel except for 'Hear About It Later' (AVT's clean channel). I chose some songs that have the volume knob rolled back in the beginning and then turned full volume later in the song to also give a little idea how this pickup cleans up (nicely I might add!).

I used a Boss BF2 flanger through the effects loop on Hear About It Later, and parts of Unchained, and in the direct guitar line-in for Aint Talkin Bout Love. I used a delay set at about 300 msec w/ about 1 & 1/4 repeats on ATBL and RWTD. This was direct miked into my soundcard and recorded as a wav file (then obviously converted to an MP3). Obviously there are limitations in doing it this way but I don't have a POD and I do not think my Korg PX4 amp modeling gives the pickup the best justice vs. miking it direct. Also, since it's a dynamic mic there are some points where the input volume adjusts automatically... (sigh). Oh well.

Don't roast/flame on me too much but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always apreciated (I have a day job and it's not in a music store, guys...:-).

Chris

Re: 59/Custom Hybrid EVH Samples

That is one sweet sounding pup. Some nice riffs there too by the way. What mag is in it?
    Last edited by kard2565; 06-23-2004, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Re: 59/Custom Hybrid EVH Samples

Originally posted by kard2565
      That is one sweet sounding pup. Some nice riffs there to by the way. What mag is in it?
      Thanks

A5.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X