FEEDBACK PROBLEMS WITH C5TBBridge/ 59N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEEDBACK PROBLEMS WITH C5TBBridge/ 59N

I have this low frequency feedback coming from my pickups and or newly voodoo modded amp. I have tried other guitars and the problem is lessened so My dual rectifier is partlyto blame but the guitar is the main culprit. In that I mean the pickups. I have tried many different pickups in this mohagony/maple Schecter and had no problems.Now when I stand within 15 feet of the amp even with my back turned is squeels. When I touch and continue holding my finger to the C5 it goes away and I can stand fairly close to the amp with no problems?? Bad ground?? I noticed the 59 had a different look to the cable or sheilding with the wire mesh? Does this make feedback more likeley? Is the combination a bad match? When I turn the gain down it isnt as bad but the tone sucks then? I have only had the amp back for couple of weeks and the pickups went in around the same time so I have a bad reference as to what the problem is? HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: FEEDBACK PROBLEMS WITH C5TBBridge/ 59N

That's a really popular combination, you made a good choice.

Does the "squeel" go away when you touch the strings, or just the pickup cover itself?

They should both have been wax potted.

I would attempt to play the guitar into a different high gain amp before I go too nuts.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Lets see, you'd need someone in your area with Mesa gear and a C-5 loaded guitar. That way you could run another C-5 into your amp and you could run your guitar into another Mesa to isolate the problem.

Someone like that might be hard to find........

Call me, you'll find my number in a PM.

Robert
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Could be the cover is not soldered to the actual pickup. If so, you could place some double sided tape on top of the bobbin and then solder the cover to the pickup

Comment

Working...
        X