Squire Telecaster Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire Telecaster Custom

Yo! I recently bought a Squire tele custom humbucker-humbucker with independent controls. It looks like the cool tele Keith Richards used in the 70's! Anyways after messing around with the stock humbuckers I wanted to replace them with something that has a more traditional telecaster tone. The stock pickups are dark and untwangy, kind of what Id expect from humbuckers, I guess. What would help me achieve a more tele-like tone?
    --
    Fuse Murdock

Re: Squire Telecaster Custom

Those Squires come stock w/ Duncan Designed's. But I can see how you might have been left a little short. A Custom has a nice twangy almost tele like clean site, but can rock with the best of 'em when pushed. Put a Pearly Gates in the neck, its a good match, but something usually not found in a tele. Welcome to the board.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

A pearly gates and a custom, eh? that sounds cool. I also have an ibanez stratocopy with a SSL-1 vintage staggered at the neck, and a stock middle single coil and stock humbucker bridge. The middle lacks bass, but the humbucker is to shrill. What are some suggestion? Thanks!

Comment

too shrill 'eh? A Jazz, Alnico II pro, or a CC (custom custom). the first two might be two low output to keep up with the 4K ohm ceramic magnet middle pickup. The ohm reading isnt much, but the mag makes up for it. Just toss another SSL-1 in there, then grab a PG bridge. You'll have a versitile strat setup that can still rock with the best of 'em.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

wicked! thanks so much! peace!

Comment

no prob man.

Comment

Working...
            X