pickup height for single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup height for single coils?

have always used emgs and duncans,now i bought a strat,not sure if i am to use to the power of a hum,or they are just set low,so if anyone could help me out with this little problem that would be key.

Re: pickup height for single coils?

id say 3/16th from the strings when pressed down at the last fret for the bass side and you can go maybe 1/8th on the treble side

Comment

how about if you have one single in the middle of two hummers?

Comment

Strats, especially standard ones with regular single coils can be a difficult guitar to play if you're used to 'buckers. They traditionally do have significantly less output and you sometimes really need to wrestle with them. But that can really be a good thing because once you got 'em whipped, they'll really sing for you. A single coil that's been whipped to the point of "crying uncle" will sing, crunch, wail, and deliver in a raw way that a 'bucker never will. They can be difficult but the reward is great. Don't be surprised if you need to make adjustments to your amp and effects setting to accommodate the different guitars too.

Comment

thanx for the info,i use a marshall jcm 900 trough a fender cab ,not normal the sound that i get with that and the boss mt2 metalzone sound good playing any metal form slayer to lamb of god.how would i set up this high gain monster

Comment

Working...
          X