What axe to put 78 in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What axe to put 78 in?

Would I get the biggest benefit out of this pup in my strat or in my RG570?
    If they both had same color pups, it wouldnt matter. I could get one and switch.. But I have to decide white or black
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: What axe to put 78 in?

Get it in zebra maybe, that way it would look cool in both.

Comment

I think a 78 would work farily well in both guitars, but one thing to consider is output balance. If your Ibanez has a fairly powerful humbucker in the neck, and you put a 78 in the bridge of that guitar, then they wont balance particularly well. I am fairly sure the ibanez bridge pickup is farily high output, so the 78 will certainly give you a big drop in output compared to the stock bridge pickup.
      It will balance fairly well with single coils (of course there will be an output increase though), so it should be ok in the strat. If it was me i would go with the strat.
      Have fun. Its a nice pickup, thats for sure. I have had one in my EB Axis for a year, and couldnt be happier.
      Ernie Ball Axis Sport (SD EVH 78/ Alnico 2 Pro)
      Ernie Ball Silhouette Special
      Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Dimarzio Air Zone/ SD 59)
      Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday neck and bridge)
      Fender American Series Telecaster
      Marshall Jubilee 2554 combo
      Marshall JMP Master Volume Combo
      Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20

Comment

Zakk,
        In either case, the 78 will be replacing a C5. In the RG, it will be matched up to a Bill Lawrence 250Hp single and a Duncan 59b in the neck.. So, it should match pretty well power wise.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Bump!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
          X