How versatile is the distortion and dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How versatile is the distortion and dimebucker

What kinds of music can be played with these 2 pickups? Do either clean up better then the other ? Is 1 more extreme and less controllable? I'm leaning towards the dime I think I need a little more front end slam then the dd can offer but will I sacrifice being 1 dimensional sounding? Thanks

Re: How versatile is the distortion and dimebucker

I've never used the Distortion, but the Dimebucker rocks! It cleans up extremely well and gives searing leads when cranked. I'm thoroughly happy with it. A few months back on this board, SD said the Dime was the number 2 seller behind the JB.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

The DB definately cleans up well. I use on in my Epi and I couldn't be happier with it. Great tight bottom end crunch, great harmonics, and very sweet highs.

The DB is a hot pick up. But I play everything from Zepplin to the Eagles, to Cannibal Corpse and it can do it all. Really depends on how you set up your distortion and EQ. I also believe that when its a bit hot (like when I'm playing some quiter Eagles stuff) I can just roll back the volume and the tone a bit and it does the job nicely. The most versitile pick up out there? No. It does heavier stuff the best, but you can still get nice tones out of it for anything else if you tweak a bit.
      Last edited by Jeff5; 06-24-2004, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I have a Duncan Distortion and I think it's awesome for that classic smooth lead tone. Ever consider DiMarzio's? They're great for wilder tones.
        Watch My Videos
        Photography
        www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
        "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
        X