Please Help! What Pickup To Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! What Pickup To Buy?

I Just Bought A Strat With A Floyd And Want To Upgrade The Pickups. It Has A Maple Neck And Fingerboard And I Think The Body Is Alder. I Mostly Play Stuff Like King's X And Van Halen. I Have A Jb In Another Strat, But It's Not Quite There Yet. I Am Really Bad At Describing Tone. But I Want Something That Is Flexable Enough To Cover King's X Tone From The Dogman Album And Van Halen Tone Past To Present. What Pickups Do You Suggest. I Was Thinking About A Lil' '59 In The Neck. What Should I Get For The Bridge. I Have A Line 6 Duoverb And Use Mostly The Soldano And Mesa Settings. Thanks, Kevin
    "in this day & age...music performed by humans...hum!?" - wilde silas tomkyn

Re: Please Help! What Pickup To Buy?

how about a 59?

Comment

Re: Please Help! What Pickup To Buy?

would a '59 be hot enough? i have no idea what to get. i've played hot rails and remember liking them. i don't hate my jb, but it seems to be missing something. the wolfgang pickups are close but they seem to have too much highs they almost give me a headache. these are the only pickups i have played except ebmm vh pickups which i remember liking too. everything else has been stock. a had a prs that had dragon pickups that i liked a lot as well. anyone have any more thoughts? what does a demon sound like? how about a cc? -kevin
      "in this day & age...music performed by humans...hum!?" - wilde silas tomkyn

Comment

Working...
      X