Help Installin pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Installin pickup

Hello guys, I've come to a stop here tryin to install a pick up. I have an Ibanez Iceman 400 with 2 humbuckers, 2 tone, 2 volume, and 3 way switch. I'm tryin to install a neck distortion pick up but i'm nto gettin any sound. I looked at the guides on the website and followed the instructions but no luck. I'd like to note this is my first time doing this. I took sum crap pictures with a web cam of my current wiring.

http://sellingfeeny.neoburn.net/rocket/5.jpg - entire wiring

http://sellingfeeny.neoburn.net/rocket/6.jpg - volume knob

I put the numbers 1 and 2 depicting where the connections of the previous pick ups were at. The old pick up only had 3 wires, a red, which was cut off, a white, and a black wire. The white wire was attached to 2 and the black wire was attached to 1. So when I went to install the duncan pick up, it came with four wires. So as stated previously, i followed the intruvtions and nothing worked. SO then, i tried connect onyl the black and white wires and nothin. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help Installin pickup

The black and white wires are the wires to the "stud" coil, which should have worked. However, try this diagram:

2hb_2vol_2tone_3way

That should do what you want.

Comment

Thanks alot! I got it to work. But I ran into another problem. The neck pick up is now acting as the bridge pick up. And vice versa. This is weird because the wires from the old pick up were connected to the same place the new ones were for the duncan. Any ideas what my problem is?

Comment

Hmmm . . . that is odd. If you mean that the 3-way switch is operating backwards, can you just loosen the nut, and rotate it 180 deg's?

That would save you swapping the two wires around.

Comment

Working...
        X