Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck and middle pups for a strat?!!

hey.

I am looking for neck and middle pickups for a strat. I want a warmer and fuller tone than my current single coils. I would like something that works well for metal leads (for a thick neck distortion)... but more importantly I want a pickup that sounds great clean, but has enough output to even out the balance between the my bridge and neck, even if it's just a little bit.

but great cleans are important.

by the way... I am using a Fender American Strat (maple) with a Hot Rails in the bridge through a Peavey Triple XXX (with newly installed Svetlana 6L6s, a GT Mullard 12ax7, and EH 12ax7s. woo hoo!)

Re: neck and middle pups for a strat?!!

I would think you'd be looking a Hot Rails all the way, not sure about the cleans on the HR's though, maybe a Hot Stack or a Lil'59.

Did you get that XXX re-biased?
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

no I have not rebiased yet... but I am going to bring it to a shop soon to get it checked out, and biased if necessary.

Comment

I strongly recommend it, so of them have weak resistor grids and hotter tubes can flake them out pretty bad.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

yo the hot rails suck with clean, the 59,jb,or cool rails are great under distortion and clean.
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
          X