wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring help

i have a guitar with a burstbuker pro hummbucker at the bridge and two ssl-1's in the middle and neck positions. the guitar has 1 volume pot, 2 tone pots, and individual on/off switches. how do i wire up this guitar?? please help

THANKS

Re: wiring help

You might want to start on the GuitarNuts site. Here's a link to an electrical schematic from there that has what you asked for and then some: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/sw1a.php

R1 = volume
    R2 = bridge tone
    R3 = neck tone

The switches here are on/off/on switches that allow each pickup to be turned on either in-phase or out-of-phase. I'm not sure how useful the out-of-phase would be without individual volume controls, since it usually sounds better if you can find the "sweet spot" where one pickup is turned down slightly...

Hopefully this can get you pointed in the right direction anyway.

At the risk of complicating things, in a perfect world I would want the bridge humbucker to be split whenever I turned on either of the single coils. Unfortunately, you would have to use either 3 or 4-pole switches for those pickups. Not impossible - just a bit messy wiring wise.

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
    X