banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trembucker - cure for a thin sounding strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trembucker - cure for a thin sounding strat?

any info on trem buckers would be great. my strat has a floyd and is too thin sounding. i think i am partial to more vintage tones. i want a pickup that can play 80's rock, classic rock, and heavier modern styles as well. what do you suggest? - kevin
    "in this day & age...music performed by humans...hum!?" - wilde silas tomkyn

Re: trembucker - cure for a thin sounding strat?

from what I've heard, a trembucker is really beefy... but I don't know from experience
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

A Trembucker is just a normal humbucker spaced for Floyd Rose and Fendre trems. The Trembucker most used to fatten a bright guitar is the CC. Aside from the normal trembuckers,there's the Parallel Axis series, which is indeed designed to fatten floyd equipped axes. If you don't need super high output and like a more traditional response from the bridge position, you might be interested in the Parallel Axis Blues Trembucker. Good luck.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

how about the screamin' demon? what can you tell me about it? - kevin
        "in this day & age...music performed by humans...hum!?" - wilde silas tomkyn

Comment

A friend of mine had it inthe bridge position of a Jackson Dinky with a Floyd. Sounded kind of spikey to my ears, though he does play thru a ss amp and uses 500k pots, maybe it's nice thru a thick valve amp.

BTW, I heard the SD in the bridge of a Yamaha AES, it rips.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I had that same problem wiht one of my super-strats....it was bit thin sounding and I wanted to play some of those same musical styles.

I ended up going with a pickup with slightly rolled treble...beefed up mids and a healthy amount of bass....Dimarzio Super3. It sounded good for the classic rock stuff and was aggressive enough for the heavier stuff as well.

A Custom Custom would also work well too from the looks of the tone chart but I don't have any experience with that particular pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by kam7577
              any info on trem buckers would be great. my strat has a floyd and is too thin sounding. i think i am partial to more vintage tones. i want a pickup that can play 80's rock, classic rock, and heavier modern styles as well. what do you suggest? - kevin
              here is what the tech at duncan recomended for my RG

PATB-1 original trembucker, he said it is like a fatter sounding JB

Comment

Working...
              X