banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does the screamin' demon sound like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the screamin' demon sound like?

what does the screamin' demon sound like? would it work well in a floyd strat with maple neck and alder body- kevin
    "in this day & age...music performed by humans...hum!?" - wilde silas tomkyn

Re: what does the screamin' demon sound like?

The Demon sounds like a somewhat hotter and warmer 59. It should work fine in that guitar.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by kam7577
      what does the screamin' demon sound like? would it work well in a floyd strat with maple neck and alder body- kevin
      ..Have you found the samples page yet? ..You can compare most of the pups their....
      Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

All the clips on my page are TB-12 with a Wilkinson and Rosewood board...maple would be just a hair brighter

http://www.mp3.com.au/Gunner or http://music.download.com/gunner

Comment

i have the Demon in my Ibanez RG + maple fretboard. it's still able to churn out deep low end but it's definitely brighter than a rosewood tone- how do i know? it used to be in another of my Ibanez guitar + rosewood fretboard. i like it in its current residence, wouldn't swap it for anything else.
          Psychic Horns

Comment

in my RG it sounded very bland/flat
            was not impressed at all by it

Comment

I think it's a great sounding pickup. I like the fact that it's not real high output either. It's got a real sweet sound to it with a healthy amount of bottom end. It's not the thickest pickup nor is it real chunky in the mids...but it's got enough body for most stuff. It's got a nice top end that I like though.

Comment

i really want to try one of those out!

Comment

I didn't like it in my Ibanez RG either, pretty unimpressed

Comment

I hear it works best in maple. Go figure, since that's what most guitars George plays are made from.

Comment

I used to have it in the bridge of my SG which can be very bright at times but I found that it was not for me at all. MY description would be a decent amount of bass to make it warm, lacking in mids, seemed quite scooped and lots of trebles and high end but what I found is that the trebles sounded too harsh,brittle and sharp and were unforgiving and all I could hear was the high end coming thru. I didnt find it crunchy because the high end drowned out everything else it didnt have enough chunk or low mids to get a good rock tone maybe for high gain stuff though but definelty not in my guitar because the pickup was pretty close to the bridge very thin sounding pickup to my ears afterwards I installed a custom in another guitar and that is sooo much better great pickup.
                      PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                      1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                      Blackstar HT-5
                      2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                      Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

the Demon has the basic tone i want- warm midrange + non-excessive bass. i fine tune this input with an EQ pedal. maybe that's why it serves me well...
                        Psychic Horns

Comment

The Demon rules in my Mahogany SG's. Its very full and open with bite. I can see this pup being harsh in brighter woods, but this can be controlled with the amps EQ. I can peg the highs and it never gets harsh and the bottom is nice and tight. Cuts through well in a band. And I tune to C standard.

A hotter '59 with more gain and bass is a real good description of this pup. Or a Modern '59. They should just call it the Demon for its Growl and Bite. "Screamin" is more like a JB to me.

Comment

It's funny because when I was originally reading the description I was like what the heck does growl and bite mean?? But after using that pickup....they were exactly right...its got this little growl too it that's kind of unique sounding.

Comment

Working...
                            X