Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker from Hell

hey,

is there any Seymour Duncan pickup thats similar to the dimarzio humbucker from hell?

have any of you used of of these? and did you like it?

thanks

I think the Stag Mag is a good issue. "Single coil" bright tone spirit , humbucker size and hum free.
    Never tried it , but I will !
    Pickups used :
    Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
    PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
    PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
    PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
    PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
    PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
    PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
    PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
    PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
    Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
    Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
    SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

I use the HFH in the neck of my superstrat and it rocks!! Very good single-coil type sound with no hum. It's got really nice chimey cleans and a really nice shredder type sound when you use the distortion.

Comment

Ranalli, curious what you use in the bridge. DO you combine Duncans with Dimarzios? I hope that wasn't an inappropriate question to ask about mixing brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
          Ranalli, curious what you use in the bridge. DO you combine Duncans with Dimarzios? I hope that wasn't an inappropriate question to ask about mixing brands.

I currently have a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the bridge which is cool, but I've had the HFH in there with a bunch of Duncans too...the Distortion, JB, etc..

If you like a single coil like neck sound but just a little beefed up and only have a space for a humbucker it's a great pickup.

Comment

Working...
          X