Opinions needed on 3 different DiMarzio setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions needed on 3 different DiMarzio setups

Wow... very cool, dude. Nice little phaser rhythm guitar going on in the background for the chords. I assume from reading the title of the page that you used an LP for this? What other gear did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Great playing... definitely liked it. I think my ears are shot though, cuz everything I listen to tonight is sounding overly bright... and I usually LIKE bright as opposed to warm stuff. I think my ears are just fried from work this week (I write audio processing software to do stuff like mp3,aac, wma, etc... for a living... so headphones are surgically attached to my head)

I'll listen again later this weekend before I make a call on the tone.

Thanks again,
    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by SliderJeff
      Wow... very cool, dude. Nice little phaser rhythm guitar going on in the background for the chords. I assume from reading the title of the page that you used an LP for this? What other gear did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Great playing... definitely liked it. I think my ears are shot though, cuz everything I listen to tonight is sounding overly bright... and I usually LIKE bright as opposed to warm stuff. I think my ears are just fried from work this week (I write audio processing software to do stuff like mp3,aac, wma, etc... for a living... so headphones are surgically attached to my head)

I'll listen again later this weekend before I make a call on the tone.

Thanks again,
      Jeff
      thanks!
      but i used my san dimas charvel for that one, through my digitech rp200 pedal, through my marshall avt150 combo into cool edit pro. i actually got that name on the site because thats my name on every other board i go to

Comment

oh, btw i used the same guitar on "magnolia" but i used the neck pickup(dimarzio chooper) so it'sa bit warmer sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
          it's a duncan Custom. the custom custom is the sh-11 and the custom is the sh-5

if you want hear a clip of what the custom sounds like i have a clip of it in a fusiony setting...
          it's called "smooth solo"
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/lpshreddersmusic.htm

Nice nice clips man....I love em actually. Is that Fusion per say??

Just nice playing and everything. Smooth solo and Magnolia both rock....I like the clean background with the distorted lead up front...sounds real nice.

Comment

not ncessarily fusion, but kinda i guess i culd say.

Comment

Working...
            X