banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion guys.. what pups are you using from SD or DiMarzio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fusion guys.. what pups are you using from SD or DiMarzio?

Yeah, I head back up to Ohio every two years or so for Xmas. I'm down in Houston with the wife and kiddo now. My wife's family is from here, so we trade off who's family we hang out with at Xmas each year.

Ahh, a Polar Bear, huh? Cool. Glad to see that there's someone from the old stomping grounds hanging on the boards.

Take it easy,
    Jeff - Northwest Fighting Indian

Originally posted by mrfjones
    ever come home? i live real close to canal fulton, and i work in Jackson.

where do you live now?

Comment

Cool... Diminished... you got any clips that I could hear?

Thanks,
      Jeff

Originally posted by nuntius
      +1 for this guy, and listen to his playing its unreal for a guy his age

Comment

Originally posted by SliderJeff
        Cool... Diminished... you got any clips that I could hear?

Thanks,
        Jeff
        Yes, I recorded one for you just now.
        please contact me so we could figure out how i could send it to you
        Guitars:
        -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
        -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
        -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
        - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
        - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
        SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

Thanks Diminished... just PM'ed you back!

Regs,
          Jeff

Comment

Diminished,

Holy shizznat, dude! That sounded GREAT! Nice backing track as well. Did you just record over top of the beginning of the song, or did someone actually do a backing track for that song? I'd love to snag that as well. I have that cd myself as well as the "Truth In Shredding" one. And I JUST got the Bobby Rock solo cd with Garsed playing on it. Getting ready to listen to that now.

Tone was great and your playing was truly phenomenal. If you don't mind, I'd like to snag that Pod preset from you. Sounded like it was the Marshall JCM 800 or maybe a tweaked Soldano preset. Very cool

Thanks again,
            Jeff

Comment

Diminished,

Holy shizznat, dude! That sounded GREAT! Nice backing track as well. Did you just record over top of the beginning of the song, or did someone actually do a backing track for that song? I'd love to snag that as well. I have that cd myself as well as the "Truth In Shredding" one. And I JUST got the Bobby Rock solo cd with Garsed playing on it. Getting ready to listen to that now.

Tone was great and your playing was truly phenomenal. If you don't mind, I'd like to snag that Pod preset from you. Sounded like it was the Marshall JCM 800 or maybe a tweaked Soldano preset. Very cool

Thanks again,
              Jeff
              thanks man
              i recorded, like you said, over the top of the begining of the song. kinda lame but i couldnt find a proper backing track which was alike without resorting to using MIDI.
              I forged that specific tone myself, as a result of much tweaking with the thing, its the Rectified #1 amp i think, but i set it up differently than what you would expect, also with relativly low gain settings.

glad you liked it.
              Guitars:
              -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)

Amps:

Comment

Hey dude, my motto is "whatever works" as far as the backing track goes. It sounded plenty good to me and did a very good job of showing off the tone you are getting with the EMG's.

If you happen to ever remember what the specifics of that pod preset were, I'd love to snag it.

Thanks again,
                Jeff

Comment

hey its all cool man
                  i'll try getting around to connecting the POD via MIDI to the computer and using the SoundDiver program to get all the EQ settings etc.
                  Guitars:

Amps:

Comment

Thanks, man. You might try their new Line6Edit software too. It's a much smoother interface from what I recall than the SoundDiver was. I'll try to find the link to it once I get home. I think you can find it on the www.line6.com website though.

Regs,
                    Jeff

Originally posted by DiminisheD-7th
                    hey its all cool man
                    i'll try getting around to connecting the POD via MIDI to the computer and using the SoundDiver program to get all the EQ settings etc.

Comment

Yeah, I head back up to Ohio every two years or so for Xmas. I'm down in Houston with the wife and kiddo now. My wife's family is from here, so we trade off who's family we hang out with at Xmas each year.

Ahh, a Polar Bear, huh? Cool. Glad to see that there's someone from the old stomping grounds hanging on the boards.

Take it easy,
                      Jeff - Northwest Fighting Indian
                      haha, no not a polar bear. I just work in jackson, go to school in kent and was once a duke from marlington.

It is nice to find a fellow Ohioan (from my neck of these back woods) on the board.

Scott
                      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Ahhh, ok. Whew... now I can start my usual tirade of Polar Bear rants.

See ya,
                        Jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X