A good combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good combo?

I want to put DiMarzio Pro-Track in bridge and The Chopper in the neck in my Squier Standard Stratocaster. What do you think about that, would they sound good. I play Hard Rock & Heavy Metal from 80s usually and some blues. I want tight bass, thick & crunch sound but with good definition. I need to hear every note. I use 11s (strings) and i use MXR Distortion + M-104 with MXR 6-band EQ M-109. Thanks!

Re: A good combo?

I think that combo would work well, but I personally preffer the FastTrack 2 at the bridge with a Pro Track at the neck and a Cruiser in the middle. This would make a fatter sounding combo.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

my take on this is... get a different guitar if you can. I really dislike squires.. I don't know why, but I never liked them; they're a step down from a Fender MIM strat (which is a good guitar, don't get me wrong)! Anyway, if you want to go humbucker route, get a Full Shred neck. It sounds like it's exactly what you need in that position, as is a Custom in the bridge. They're both thick and well defined from what I've heard.
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Do you think (or you're sure) that Fast Track 2 has good definition? I would buy duncans too if they can do the work (but only pickups that have rails). Are the Cool Rails better pickup then Pro Track for my needs (bridge position)?

Comment

I know the Fast Track 2 has good definition, more so than the Duncan Hot Rails. I like the FASt Track 2, but the HR is a bit too compressed and woofy for me.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X