X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails = what Humbucker

tone and output?

Re: Hot Rails = what Humbucker

live wire metal or maybe the invader, theres not another humbucker thats alot like the hot rail though.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

thanks fusion

Comment

From my experience, the Hotrails in the bridge of my strat sounded ALOT like the invader in the Tom Delonge strat, except the hotrails had a bit more mids and sounded a bit sweeter.

Comment

Yep, very close tot he Invader with a little more bass and a little less mids. IMO the Hot Rails sounds better for metal than the Invader does.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
            Yep, very close tot he Invader with a little more bass and a little less mids. IMO the Hot Rails sounds better for metal than the Invader does.
            I concur, I think the hotrails is the best all out, balls to the wall, extreme metal pickup I've ever played, it sure beats the hell out of the 81.

Comment

Yeah I had Hot Rails and were fantastic in an old Mex strat. The duncan distortion was used in Randy Rhoads LP is that right? Would you still consider the DD still PAf like?

Comment

DD like a PAF? Not really. It's just a different beast. That's not to say it doesn't have a nice clean sound, (it does!) but it doesn't have the PAF vibe, the bluesy, vintage attitude.

For that, you'd want a Custom.
                Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                Originally posted by Sosomething
                "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

as much as it's been said that the HR sounds like the Invader, I think there's really no sound comparison between a full size humbucker and a mini one. It's really a matter of preference
                  • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Hey Koro.
                    I just read alot of reviews on Harmony Central and lots of people say the distortion is too brite, what has the distortion/characteristics as the DD but more balanced EQ? More low end?

Comment

Working...
                    X