PICKUP MATCHINGS. HELP GUYS Q:p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICKUP MATCHINGS. HELP GUYS Q:p

Uh ****ing hails friends from SD forum(i guess i can call all of you friends.. UNLESS Specified. ahahah)
    guys. iīm really "TURNED ON" by the possibility of the Hot rails NECK (aahhah F#CKING RAILS) match very well with my custom custom bridge?
    iīm asking that because i saw a lot of you telling that preffer pickups in the neck and bridge that have similar magnets... like aii + aII.
    and when you mix then with ceramic or other . you are not so happy with the final results.
    the charvel i have the cc on the bridge is maple neck, rosewood 24 frets fingerboard and poplar body. with schaller floyd.

by the way... iīm very proud of my Tagima Stratocaster vintage 60īs
    the guitar i used to record my bandīs first demo.
    but thereīs a problem with her.
    she is not so accuRATED because itīs strings are to flubby.... and i use it in B and 0.12... i guess the NUT is holding the tension. but even with that issues. she has a lot of power.
    but my main issue about that is the neck. every little change on the weather(you know, brazil we have a lot of heat, and then a lot of rain.... no control on the weather at all, ahahah) and the guitar neck starts to BUZZ on almost all the neck frets
    thatīs crazy.....
    iīm thinking in replacing this guitar with another... but no money yet and i like the neck very much.
    Q:/
    do you have a solution for ..that problem?
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Re: PICKUP MATCHINGS. HELP GUYS Q

I mix magnet types in different positions all the time with great results. The SD single sized HBs all have ceramic magnets and you won't find an alnico II magnet single sized HB. The very small A-II magnets for use in those pickups just can't get the job done. The HRn should be fine in the neck of that guitar.

Maple necks are the most stable to weather changes that I have found but a change in the weather can move them around as you are finding out. Make sure you have the proper wrench in your case and reset your neck relief when the neck moves. Thats the only real cure for living in varying weather conditions and playing guitar. I have the same issues here in Michigan. Whenever the weather changes, all my guitars necks start moving. In no time at all you'll be laying that neck out with no worries.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

HAILS, WFD!

I think it'd be a good idea for you to get some of Dan Erlewine's books. I have Guitar Setup & Maintenance and How to Make Your Guitar Play Great. If you get those books, you'll be able to do just about anything on guitar. It'll show you how to adjust the truss rod and get your guitar to play how YOU want it to.
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Thankīs Man
        Q:P
        i really donīt even know how to properly striong up my guitars
        thats ridiculous
        Q:/
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Scott F. has a thread in the vault that shows how to properly string a guitar.

Comment

Working...
          X