Buying Custom for Bridge for neck APNII/Jazz/59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Custom for Bridge for neck APNII/Jazz/59

Ok guys I am going with the majority and getting the custom for my bridge for the neck what do you recommend. something that is balanced with Custom and can scream and hold a note endless.
    APNII
    25.00%
    Jazz
    25.00%
    59'
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Buying Custom for Bridge for neck APNII/Jazz/59

i say none of the above...

i say try the pearly gates neck model.

Comment

59 or APNII. They are both beautifully smooth pickups and will get you that searing sustain with a nice fat bottom end. 59 is definetely more bassy and I've noticed that the APNII is a little smoother. Can't go wrong with either!

Comment

The 59 is also more aggressive IMO.
        Last edited by Guitarist; 06-28-2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I have guitars with both APNII and 59n. Both are great. My LP has the APN and it's really warm and smooth with lots of bass. the 59 however has a really nice vintage tone to it, that will scream when pumped. the APN seems to have a fatter less harsh tone (that's why I picked it). I love to solo with it and get nice warm sounds on those higher frets. But I would say that with a Custom bridge and your penchant for "screaming leads" I would go 59. It has more top end than the APN and less bottom, so it won't get super fat when distorted to the max.
          Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Kaknight says 59 less bottom, Guitarist says 59 is defnitely more bassy. It's amazing how we all hear different. Guitar also plays a huge role. I guess when I say screaming leads I don't mean speed, more like hanging sustain and fat.

Comment

It's all up to preference, I don't think there really is any right or wrong. I've tried the 59n it's got a lot of bass...one might even consider it "boomy". It's a nice, TIGHT bass though. It's plenty clear. Sounds BEAUTIFUL combined in the middle position with the Custom, you get this chimy, sweet top and this wonderfully warm, full bottom.

The Jazz is balanced a lot like the 59 but with more highs and clarity, and less of the bass. If you liked the overall character of the 59 but found it too boomy, this would be the way to go. Less bass when combined with the bridge, but you still get a very sweet clear sound. Just less bottom.

I've never tried the APH-1. I'd certainly like to though.

If you picked a neck pup you didn't like, there's always the 21-day exchange policy. And apparently, from what people have been saying, the Jazz and APH-1 are actually pretty much the same with a different magnet. So, if you didn't like the Jazz and thought you might like the smoother sound of the Alnico II Pro, you could just swap out the Alnico 5 bar for an Alnico 2.

You could buy you magnets here....

But don't wait too long because the dude who runs the shop is about to leave for military duties...
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

In my experience, I would say 59. Not your only option though. PG's could do in a cinch, but I personally prefer the 59.

Comment

Looks like a Custom and 59 so far then.

Comment

Working...
                  X