p-ups from Jackson Rhodes USA...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p-ups from Jackson Rhodes USA...?

My buddy gave me the pickups from his USA Randy Rhodes Jackson V, they are Seymour Duncans, made in usa on the back but as far as which models they are, I'm not sure. There is a white sticker on the back of each, one says JB, one says JN.

I checked the SD site, and it mentions a JB, but not a JN, so I don't really know what these are!

Are they worth keeping? Or would they be worth putting on ebay? I already have SD p-ups I like in my guitar, so I'm wondering if these are really nice models, or just the average level pickups.

Thanks!

Re: p-ups from Jackson Rhodes USA...?

it should have a JB for bridge and a 59 for neck. keep em in there, good pickups and an awesome guitar!!!

Comment

*edit*

it should be a Jazz instead of 59

Comment

Yeah. JBb and Jazzn. They're great pickups for just about anything you want, what sytle do you play?

Comment

thanks for the info! My bud put some kind of EMGs in place, they are black, don't know why he did, but he did. He threw me the box that the tech gave him back and said here, it's yours. It had the 2 pickups, 4 pots and a input jack. They are in new condition.

My guitar is a Peavey Destiny NTB, which was virtually identical to the Vandenberg model. But it only has one of these style pickups by the bridge, the other are the skinny kind (sorry for my lack of knowledge!). So don't know if I should replace just the one stock pickup with the JB he gave me, or sell them both on ebay for a few bucks...

I'm primarily a metal guy, so if they'd help in that department, maybe I'll have someone swap out the stock Peavey pickup...

Comment

Working...
          X