Phat Cat + Humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat Cat + Humbucker

I own a Tokai Les Paul (Japan Model), and have recently brought a phat cat pick up to put in the neck. I was wondering if you could recommend a humbucker for the bridge to complement it?

I mainly play indie and post rock, main influences being radiohead, mogwai and queens of the stone age, so i want it to be able handle gain, as well as some trebly but kinda mellow cleans.

Re: Phat Cat + Humbucker

umm, firstly welcom to the forum!
    u play rock, id recommend the JB, gr8 bridge pickup, but id get others opinions aswell!
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I play some of te same things you do with my Lester and couldn't be happier with the Pearly Gates set I have in mine. If you need more output, I'd suggest Eeither a Custom or a Custom 5.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

When I asked this question of the SD guys, they suggested the Custom Custom bridge as a mate to the Phat Cat neck. That was for a Fender scale length, so you might want to ask them specifically about this combo in a LP.

Comment

a JB was the first thing that came to mind, but ill check out the custom custom too

anymore suggestions?

Comment

I vote for the Custom Custom...
            GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

How do a P-90 and a humbucker sound together? Specifically the phat cat neck and JB bridge.
              Originally posted by The Minstrel
              Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by no_happy
                I own a Tokai Les Paul (Japan Model), and have recently brought a phat cat pick up to put in the neck. I was wondering if you could recommend a humbucker for the bridge to complement it?

I mainly play indie and post rock, main influences being radiohead, mogwai and queens of the stone age, so i want it to be able handle gain, as well as some trebly but kinda mellow cleans.

What about another Phat Cat? Then mod a bridge plate to fit on the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X