banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil 59 in the neck of a Strat...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil 59 in the neck of a Strat...........

................anybody used this, does it sound good, and is it worth coil tapping
    in this postion??? I'm thinking of putting one in my Strat to compliment
    a Duckbucker middle, and a hot rails bridge. Any thoughts any one!!!
    Ibanez RG1570 Dimarzio PAF Joe, MoJoe and Fast track1, Aria PE DLX (stock)

Re: Lil 59 in the neck of a Strat...........

Trev,

I haven't heard it but this is what one of the reps from SD told me on my inquiry to them to replace my PUs in my MIM strat that sounded very "thin"

I play Hendrix, SRV, Clapton Zepplin,AC DC, Nudget. He said this is quite versitle.

From SD:

"Here's a fatter lineup that has a lot of variety":

Bridge: SJBJ-1B JB Junior for Strat
    Middle: STK-S2N Hot Stack for Strat (neck'/middle version)
    Neck: SL59-1N Little '59 for Strat (neck/middle version)

Any thoughts?

Comment

I have a JB/Hot Stack/lil59 loaded Strat and the lil59 is very cool sounding in the bridge as well as combined with the Hot Stack. The lil59 is indeed higher in output and has a definate HB flavor but it does still retain alot of the characteristic Strat neck position tonality because of the lil59s single coil sized design.

The Cool Rails neck pickup is another pickup that sounds great with the Ducks/Vintage Rails pickup and I'm sure you'll be very happy with either.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Yeah,
        I have the hot rails, an amazing pick-up, in the bridge and 2 duckbuckers
        in the other positions, but i was just wondering if replacing the neck duckbucker with a lil 59 would give a more versatile guitar...ie
        Rock.. Hot rails
        Clean....Duckbucker
        Slow blues...lil59 for example
        Ibanez RG1570 Dimarzio PAF Joe, MoJoe and Fast track1, Aria PE DLX (stock)

Comment

I don't know that it will be alot more versatile that way, but the lil59 neck pickup has some great tone and the added gain helps for distorted or pushed lead work. By adding a bridge or neck pickup on/off switch you could get the HR and the lil59 on at the same time, getting you something simular sounding to a H/H guitar with both pickups on, and that would add a bit more versatility.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

i dont have it, but i will soon. my guitar teacher has one in his fender ultra strat. so smooth sounding while still remaining clarity. never muddy, it can gof rom slow blues to 80's shred to jazz fusion stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X