banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

duncan tech recomends the blues saraceno model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan tech recomends the blues saraceno model?

anyone here who has played one of these give me the lowdown on it?
    I am not real into the look of the pup but am assured it will knock me out tone wise?
    the tech at duncan said I can promise you it is what you are looking for.
    i want a paf pro without the wah in the middle tone?

Re: duncan tech recomends the blues saraceno model?

I have no idea what a PAF Pro sounds like, but the Blues Trembucker is one of the best bridge pickups ever made in my opinion. I really wish Duncan made a standard spaced, standard polepiece version of it. It's a medium output pickup...slightly more output than a PAF style pickup, but nowhere near as hot as the JB or Custom series. The EQ is very balanced, it has just the right amount of bass without being too bassy like the C5. It has more midrange than most A5 pickups, and it has enough treble to cut through the mix without being too bright. It's definitely warmer than the '59, Demon, or C5. Don't worry about the lack of adjustable polepieces, the parallel axis design is such that you really don't need them. I even looked into having the custom shop make me a standard spaced, standard polepiece version with a cover to put in my Hamer, but I ultimately decided to try something different. My next humbucker guitar will definitely have one in the bridge.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I'm trying to identify a replacement for the JB in the bridge of my Jackson SL-4. The Blues Trembucker, Custom Custom and Origianl Parallel Axis Trembucker are contenders.

Will this pickup "fix" the lack of bottom end/toothy and aggressive top end that a Floyd Rose tremelo gives? Actually, the guitar's bass response is OK, but that treble... ooooof.

Comment

Jeremy told me awhile back that it was good for getting vintage Les Paul tone out of an SG. I can believe that, it makes sense. It's designed to thicken up the sound of a trem guitar, so why not thicken up an SG as well.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

its a great pup. its very balanced with the output right where i like it, hotter than a 59 but not too much that it looses the open quality

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
            its a great pup. its very balanced with the output right where i like it, hotter than a 59 but not too much that it looses the open quality
            great, what would be perfect is if it is just like a PAF pro only without the wah in the middle tone?
            I like the pro's output,openess,clarity but cant seem to dail out that wah tone

if i could i would just stick with the pro's?
            the tech at duncan said he promises that i would be completely happy with the blues from that description

Comment

Working...
            X