Bridge Pickup for les paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Pickup for les paul

I'm looking for a good bridge pickup for a les paul i play mostly classic rock and blues stlye stuff so i want it to be hot but not to harsh and trebley also i would perfer that it comes in a zebra pattern brand dosent matter thanks for your help
    Guitars
    MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
    MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
    Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
    Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
    MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
    70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
    Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
    Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Re: Bridge Pickup for les paul

custom custom would give u that amout of versatility
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

I would choose either a 59' or an APH II. The 59 will be a little tighter in the lows and more focused in the highs....a really crisp pickup, but not icepicky. An APH will be a little spongier on the lows, sweeter on the highs and mids.. more balanced if you will. Slash's tone is APH II all the way. I love my set, but there are certain tones you need an A5 like the 59 to really nail.

I prefer to be on the smoother side of things...I can always dial the treble up, but it's harder to smooth out something too bright. Just my opinion.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

I love the Pearly Gates in a Lester. Plenty of cut, but not icepicky in a Paul.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

JB, dude...it's a HOT pickup but not THAT hot. I think it does an awesome job at Zeppelin/Sabbath/AC-DC with a DS-1, plus, your LP will make it sound awesome.
          :firing: :cop:

:headbang:

Comment

SH-1 59
            SH-14 C5
            SH-5 Custom

Comment

I kinda like the PG, but all the suggestions here are good ones.
              Here my tunes here

Comment

If you want a "normal" output level, I'd go with the Seth Lover. This is a really great "as vintage as you can get" pup. If you want a bit more punch, I'd go with either the Custom5 or the Custom Custom. My LP came with a CC in it, and I thought it sounded great, but just didn't have enough bottom end for me. The C5 suits a LP very well. I now have one in my guitar, and it is warm and rich.

BTW - I also play classic rock and blues.
                Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

i love pearly gates in a les paul, great snotty tone. roll back the tone a little and it warms up nicely for mellower stuff

Comment

For more classic tones I would consider one of the three listed below.
                    1. Antiquity: Very close to PAF's
                    2. Seth Lovers: also very close to a Paf, but different than the Antiquity.
                    3. Alnico: The Alnico I believe comes ready to be tapped if desired. A nice feature on a LP
                    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

For the sound you want I'd suggest either a Seth Lover or a Screamin' Demon

Comment

Working...
                      X