• Brow
    replied
    Re: Bridge Pickup for les paul

For the sound you want I'd suggest either a Seth Lover or a Screamin' Demon

Leave a comment:

• Bludave
    replied

For more classic tones I would consider one of the three listed below.
    1. Antiquity: Very close to PAF's
    2. Seth Lovers: also very close to a Paf, but different than the Antiquity.
    3. Alnico: The Alnico I believe comes ready to be tapped if desired. A nice feature on a LP

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

i love pearly gates in a les paul, great snotty tone. roll back the tone a little and it warms up nicely for mellower stuff

Leave a comment:

• kaknight
    replied

If you want a "normal" output level, I'd go with the Seth Lover. This is a really great "as vintage as you can get" pup. If you want a bit more punch, I'd go with either the Custom5 or the Custom Custom. My LP came with a CC in it, and I thought it sounded great, but just didn't have enough bottom end for me. The C5 suits a LP very well. I now have one in my guitar, and it is warm and rich.

BTW - I also play classic rock and blues.

Leave a comment:

• Marqueax Moran
    replied

I kinda like the PG, but all the suggestions here are good ones.

Leave a comment:

• TattooedCarrot
    replied

SH-1 59
    SH-14 C5
    SH-5 Custom

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Leaf_Sabbath
    replied

JB, dude...it's a HOT pickup but not THAT hot. I think it does an awesome job at Zeppelin/Sabbath/AC-DC with a DS-1, plus, your LP will make it sound awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy_26
    replied

I love the Pearly Gates in a Lester. Plenty of cut, but not icepicky in a Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

I would choose either a 59' or an APH II. The 59 will be a little tighter in the lows and more focused in the highs....a really crisp pickup, but not icepicky. An APH will be a little spongier on the lows, sweeter on the highs and mids.. more balanced if you will. Slash's tone is APH II all the way. I love my set, but there are certain tones you need an A5 like the 59 to really nail.

I prefer to be on the smoother side of things...I can always dial the treble up, but it's harder to smooth out something too bright. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• fusion101
    replied

custom custom would give u that amout of versatility

Leave a comment:

• JimiHWannaBe
    started a topic Bridge Pickup for les paul

Bridge Pickup for les paul

I'm looking for a good bridge pickup for a les paul i play mostly classic rock and blues stlye stuff so i want it to be hot but not to harsh and trebley also i would perfer that it comes in a zebra pattern brand dosent matter thanks for your help
Working...
X