Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken full shred =(

Hello all,

i have a seymour duncan full shred, and it's defective.... one of the coils gives an extremely low, hardly audible output. tested this by connecting it directly to my gt-3 and holding a tuning fork next to the coils.

i took it apart and checked the impedances directly at the coil leads, one of them gives its regular 7 Kohms, the other one (the one that gives no output) measures around 1500K.

can't see anything else than a broken coil....... =(

Re: Broken full shred =(

what does it measure in series?
    did you just purchase this new? if so id bring it back and get a new one.

Comment

Did it cut out gradually or was it bad from the beginning when you installed it? I had a SH-5 Custom go out over the course of a few days. It started with the signal dropping out for a split second every now and then. It got worse and worse until the guitar sounded like I was using a very old and destroyed guitar cable (scratches, buzzing, etc...). The signal would come in and out when I tapped on the pup. The signal that did come in was very low in volume- almost inaudible.

If it's a new pup, I recommend utilizing SD'd unconditional 21-day return policy. Check out the info on the registration card that came with your pup.
      Good luck, bro!
      Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
      ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
      ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
      ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
      ESP KH-1
      LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
      BC Rich KKV
      Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
      Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment

What the others said, have it taken back to the dealer you bought it from unless it was a used pup. Then you are pretty much stuck with it.

Comment

bought it used about a year ago. i had this and a $5 piece of junk humbucker, replaced them with Kent Armstrong ultradistortion humbuckers (20 Kohm!!!!!!!!) awesome pickups.

Comment

Working...
          X