GFS Bigmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS Bigmouth

I got my new GFS bigmouth in a few days ago and it is a great pickup! True to their advertising it is a humbucker that sounds like a Quarter Pounder. Nice fat clear tone with great kick. I bought the neck model and with the sensing coil towards the bridge it is the best neck pickup I have ever heard. I am going to trash all of my Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell for this one. The biggest question is WHY Duncan missed the boat on this one? The QP has only been around for 20 years?

Snowdog

Re: GFS Bigmouth

What do you mean Duncan missed the boat on this one?

Comment

Gfs?
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Guitar Fetish Series. The guy on Ebay selling Duncan look-alikes.

Comment

Some are look alikes but others are very interesting designs themselves. Nobody ever asked Duncan to make a humbucker version of the QP?

Snowdog

Comment

idsnowdog,

You say this new pickup is replacing your humbucker from hell. Thats a pretty bold statement as that's a great neck pickup. Is it possible to post some clips of clean playing as well as high gain stuff for the neck? Thanks.

Comment

+1

i wanna hear what these "guitar fetish" things are all about
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Sorry I really don't have the ability to record any samples. I have a 28.8 modem and limited time. Lets just say that with the sensing coil near the neck it is very dark and warm perfect for wide slow vibrato. With the sensing coil near the bridge it has a nice fat zing and much better definition than the HFH with no sharp edges. It has the QP's eq curve except no hash and noise. What gets me is the sensitivity. Since the poles are wide and the magnetic pull is less it gets a nice fat open sound with a big tight bass end like J LO's booty! At $35 bucks its a cheap experiment. The only thing I don't care for is that it is 3 conductor rather than 4 conductor. Otherwise the pickup is well made and you get a full mounting ring screws etc in every package. To sum it up in one phrase BIG BOUNCY BALLS.

Snowdog
                Last edited by idsnowdog; 07-01-2004, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X