Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarity question...pls Help

A quick question...

I've got a H-S-S setup on my guitar. If all that is required on the 2 single coils is one is RWRP, does it matter where this pickup is placed ??

I.E. I want to place my SSL-1 RW pickup in my neck, and my regular APS-I pickup in my middle position...is this cool ??

Thanks...
    David Rossi
    The Underhills
    www.theunderhills.com

Re: Polarity question...pls Help

That depends on whether or not you want to use it with the bridge humbucker split. If you do then you will need to split to the other coil of the humbucker. If not, then it shouldn't matter.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
    Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
    Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
    Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Re: Polarity question...pls Help

Originally posted by slightly_rude
      That depends on whether or not you want to use it with the bridge humbucker split. If you do then you will need to split to the other coil of the humbucker. If not, then it shouldn't matter.
      Good point...I'll be throwing in a custom / custom at the time of install. So I just need to make sure I'm tapping the coil that is RW to my middle pickup on the SH-11...

thanks
      David Rossi
      The Underhills
      www.theunderhills.com

Comment

Working...
      X