This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good Trader Alert

I bought a Mesa DC-5 from Marty Horne. It was everything he said it was. Good deal and great forum member to do business with. Thanks Marty.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
    Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
    Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
    Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Great transactions regarding pedal mods with Jeff Guttello,Butnut,and Surgeon...Also need to mention Curly,Midnite Man,and several other folks I'm forgetting that have had their pedals modded...Enjoy them guys and thanks again for allowing me to be a part in your quest for tone...

John S.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
        It's funny, but I think you just kind of get a sixth sense for who you can trust on this board. If they've got enough posts, you can get a good feel for who they are I think.
        Unfortunately, there were cases like Marshall Law's and Superfuzzpi's, where both had alot of posts and ripped people off for totally petty things.

Comment

Originally posted by wasteofo2
          Unfortunately, there were cases like Marshall Law's and Superfuzzpi's, where both had alot of posts and ripped people off for totally petty things.
          Yep...I thought Marshall Law was a buddy until he ripped me off for an A3 magnet..He got my A3 and I never got the magnet he was to trade to me...I also believe in "Karma" and I'm sure he got his or will...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Quite a while ago, Zerb sent me a Rockinger Tremsetter, completely free of charge - Can't complain about that! Even with shipping complications (my fault, I may add), he stuck to the deal and didnt let me down. Definitely recommended.
            Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
            Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
            Carl Martin Rock Drive
            ISP Decimator
            BOSS DD-3
            Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Just Had a great transaction with Robert S...

Great helpful guy and incredibly friendly..
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

EL WHOPPO sent me a great JB humbucker for quite a reasonable price, I highly reccomend this guy.
                Thanks Jacob! Your pretty quick yourself with payment.

Comment

A very special internet hug goes out from me to forum brother Butnut(Brian) for sending me not only money to mod and repair his TS9,but for the big box of great goodies from Hawaii....That extra stuff that people do for each other is really what makes life alot nicer for all of us...Thanks again Brian for brightening up an otherwise dull day...

John S

Comment

I just got a '59 from Tattooed Carrot in a great transaction. With finals and state exams coming up, my schedule was a bit hectic and payments to Tattoed Carrot were delayed a bit, but he seemed to understand and let me pay a bit late with no problems. Really great guy, this is my second transaction with him and I reccomend him to anyone.

Comment

I just got a '59 from Tattooed Carrot in a great transaction. With finals and state exams coming up, my schedule was a bit hectic and payments to Tattoed Carrot were delayed a bit, but he seemed to understand and let me pay a bit late with no problems. Really great guy, this is my second transaction with him and I reccomend him to anyone.
                      Ditto, you get it already? I sent it Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
                        Ditto, you get it already? I sent it Thursday.
                        Yeah, got it, installed it, works/sounds great.

By the way, I like the new avatar, if only it was an animated .gif like presa tito's.

Comment

By the way, I like the new avatar, if only it was an animated .gif like presa tito's.
                          I can't coment on the source of presa tito's avtar, but I'm proud to say mine is the real Mrs. Carrot. I took that pic only last night and thought it was worthy of replacing my carrot avtar

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
                            I can't coment on the source of presa tito's avtar, but I'm proud to say mine is the real Mrs. Carrot. I took that pic only last night and thought it was worthy of replacing my carrot avtar

Man, I remember when you were selling your SG and had Mrs. Carrot pose with it, you've got a fine looking wife.

Comment

holy **** man.....

i applaud you
                              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                              fender mim standard strat
                              peavey classic 30
                              johnson j-station
                              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                              yamaha f-310p acoustic
                              taylor 410 acoustic
                              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

i've said it before, and i'll say it qagin .. i have no idea how mr carrot has time to play guitar :-)

more pics welcome

cheers,
                                t4d

ps - does she work at a hooters?
                                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                                X