Originally posted by Ayrton
    Jerry,

You are in the bad trader thread...
    yes, thread deleted thanks

Leave a comment:

• Quicksilver689
    replied
    Re: Bad Trader Alert

I haven't actually dealt with them, but watch out for moodyyankee48 on eBay. I say this because I asked them about a *supposedly* fully-loaded PodXT they currently have for sale, and the e-mails went like this:

Me, "Hello. I have a couple of questions about this item:

1. Just curious - why selling it?

2. Can you please post pictures of the display showing all the model packs installed?

Thx "

...and their rather defensive response to me, "post pictures. there are no pics to show you. wow, thats the first time i had a question like that. i;ll give you the license numbers to the winning bidder. i'm not going to take pictures to prove to you that i'm telling the truth."

Gee...that's funny, I didn't ask them for "license numbers".....The reality is that I've seen multiple other auctions where the sellers included screenshots of their PodXT displays which showed the model packs installed, and there's nothing wrong with not wanting to get ripped off, right? I mean, come on, anyone could dishonestly just *say* they're installed...

Watch out for this person based on their response...if they had nothing to hide they'd be more than happy to give that screenshot of their PodXT's display to prove that it is "fully loaded"......CAVEAT EMPTOR!
    Last edited by Quicksilver689; 03-11-2008, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dave67
    replied

If you have the UPS tracking # , track it and it will tell you the address.

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Too bad I don't have the sheet of paper I originally took to ups I wrote his name and address on......

Leave a comment:

• Alvin
    replied

Originally posted by Toner View Post
    Guess I have no other choice, that dude probably just signed up as a new user on here or something since.

The main reason It's pissing me off so much, was that guitar was a CHRISTMAS PRESENT for someone!

Scum!
    Dude, call the local police department on him.

Leave a comment:

• emilio
    replied

sorry to hear all of this crap.

Leave a comment:

• jerryjg
    replied

I think it would be possible, but highly improbable.
    For one thing, unless we punchd them in the throat waht would it achieve? Most of these losers have a list of creditirs a mile long.
    Another thing is, prbably if we did find volunterres for each stae, or areas within a stae..proabably a lot of us dont have much written verification of the deal. Did we save out email corspondence? Do we have records of the written agreement?
    For me, Ive realisedthhat I will only either deal with someone with a good reputation and established positive feedback wehn buying.Ive also learned to kkeep all records of a transaction written down.
    Really, it is up to a new seller to hang out here for awhile(unless they hhave excellent references from ebay or smewere else) and get acquanted. maybe buy a few things to establiish rapport.
    Im a suckah for a good deal, but i hope not to be suckahed no mo cause it 'taint worth it.
    I ve had some overall excellent expierinces. In the end consdering my ripoffs, Ive onl come out about even i guess, which is okay i guess.
    Ripoffs were 1)I got sent a bad 90.00 pickup i never tried till a few months ater cause i trusted the seller. Lesson-In god we trust, all others verify! I dont now who that person was any longer.I lost track of who sent that to me. I think i may know bbut dont want to speculate , so i wont. 2)I bought a neck from a member who had a fair tarck record of posts but no trader feedback. Bought it with no pictures . My ffaullt . I set myself up for a fall.That was DOT.NET. TIM from Indiana. 3rd ripoff was MODOPHOTO and gain, it was someone with no real forum rapport or trading history. no references. The amp he sent me was DOA< but i was able too get ot working myslef.
    really..its my fault for every single one of these rips. caveat Emtor. if yo do not take every precaution yoy will be swindled!
    Last edited by jerryjg; 02-28-2008, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
    Why... or how...

I guess...

Can we get or have access to a "master list" of ALL the 'bad-traders' in one swoop?

And like-wise... 'good-traders'.

Is it possible?

Dunno...

Just a suggestion...
    Search the good or bad trader thread for their user name

Leave a comment:

• J Moose
    replied

Why... or how...

I guess...

Can we get or have access to a "master list" of ALL the 'bad-traders' in one swoop?

And like-wise... 'good-traders'.

Is it possible?

Dunno...

Just a suggestion...

Leave a comment:

• jerryjg
    replied

we oughta put together a good squad to drive across country this summer looking up these dudes that skipped out on us.

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
    face it man you got the shaft, learn a lesson & put a period on it and move on.....
    Guess I have no other choice, that dude probably just signed up as a new user on here or something since.

The main reason It's pissing me off so much, was that guitar was a CHRISTMAS PRESENT for someone!

Scum!

Leave a comment:

• newking70
    replied

Originally posted by Toner View Post
    Coming up on 6 MONTHS since Roadstar II received my payment for a Jackson DXMG guitar. Still no guitar.

And he hasn't made any posts or anything on the forum ever since.
    face it man you got the shaft, learn a lesson & put a period on it and move on.....

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Coming up on 6 MONTHS since Roadstar II received my payment for a Jackson DXMG guitar. Still no guitar.

And he hasn't made any posts or anything on the forum ever since.

Leave a comment:

• weston
    replied

MODOPHOTO

Don't deal with him. Young and irresponsible. I bought a mic from him over a month ago and he's been giving me the run around ever since. I'm currently seeking his address so I can go visit and hopefully get the mic.

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

5 months now, still no guitar or replies from "Roadstar II" on the guitar I paid him for 5 months ago when he was going to "get it out right away."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X