X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffB
    replied
    Re: Bad Trader Alert

Its pretty apparent to me whom the culprit is..

Frankly, IDC if that person is a great asset to us or Duncan or not...2 years is absolute BS, and that "asset" needs to get off his "asset" ,send you your gear back and explain himself

Leave a comment:

• Mr 9finger
    replied

Are you guys seriously that thick? He dropped a bomb of a clue.

Originally posted by LoFiBrian
    I would rather not drag the name of such a great asset to us on this board and to SD through the mud.
    There's only 2 people that fit this description on this board and I'm positively sure that the one doesn't do much tech work on the side nor would he have any use for any kind of Dimarzio since he has direct access to the custom shop.

Leave a comment:

• DracoAran
    replied

I'm in LA

Leave a comment:

• tnvol
    replied

You are a nice guy. I would have outed him a LONG time ago!!!

Leave a comment:

• 3th3r
    replied

LoFiBrian, you are the "nicest man on Earth" if you can write this sensibly about the person who has had your guitar for two years!

Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• LoFiBrian
    replied

I've been a member here for more than 2 years and have learned so much from this place.I love this forum and cannot go without checking for even a few hours. and as most of you are, I'm quite a understanding and respectful person.

BUT for nearly 2 yrs now a fellow member has had my:
    -2003 Epiphone G400 in Worn Cherry (Korea.)
    -Black With Logo Seymour Duncan JB (Installed but not soldered into the G400.)
    -NIB Zebra Dimarzio Air Classic Bridge (His payment for a new nut and fret dress.)
    -SKB Deluxe Hardshell Case for a 61' SG type
    -A Set of GHS Boomer 10's (For the new setup after the fret dress+nut.)
    -A $20 Bill for return postage

I sent him it with a promise couple of weeks turnaround. It had some neck issues and he was to try his best to improve on them. Time passes and dozens of promises come and go. I call his home, his cell and even get responses via E-mail. Only after I out him on the board in the bad traders section do i get any action(only once i remove my post!). But nothing came A year passes and he even takes it with him from Illinois to California to assume his dream job(more promises since.). I have on seveal times contaced him since and get more dead promises! as of a few months back I have gotten nothing in response.

I would rather not drag the name of such a great asset to us on this board and to SD through the mud. But I'm at my wits end. I'm not a rich man. All my gear I have is very close to me and was aquired on a budget. I work at Mcdonalds currently and am struggling to get back to college and finish my degree. I just really feel like I have been the nicest man on earth and given a Million chances. I really loved playing this guitar and it is a honest $500+ total investment gone. That for me is more than alot of money. I just want my guitar back with the work promised and in the same condition. He can have the Dimarzio and $20. those are payment for his work.

I guess I will leave this up for 48hours for him to see! Please contact me to resolve this matter ASAP! If not I'll have to be a little more agressive.

-Brian

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

It's going on 4 months this Sunday since I sent $ to roadstar II for a jackson dxmg that I have yet to receive, of course no replies to any PMs or anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• Lucid_Lunatic
    replied

Originally posted by iodas View Post
    In conclusion I would just like to say in my defense that I did agree to send the money by postal money order prior to shipment in one of my PMs to Lucid:
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by iodas
    Thats okay I'll go to the post office tomorrow and send it.
    I'll shoot you an email to let you know it's on the way.
    thanks~

That was yesterday, today I wake up to PM's from you stating you will only buy if I ship COD or take a check. That's not how I do bussiness and I went along to the next PM's from someone else interested. Sorry it turned out this way, but I do take offense to you posting that I am a scammer and from this point I would just as soon not deal with you anymore. Hope your quest for someone to send you some pups before before you pay turns out good for you, until then God Bless.

User iodas Ignored.

Leave a comment:

• iodas
    replied

In conclusion I would just like to say in my defense that I did agree to send the money by postal money order prior to shipment in one of my PMs to Lucid:
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by iodas
    Thats okay I'll go to the post office tomorrow and send it.
    I'll shoot you an email to let you know it's on the way.
    thanks~

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lucid_Lunatic
    Yeah, They are both bridge models. I haven't got a Fed-Ex place anywhere close by me. It would be easier if you could send a postal money order and then I can send the pups priority. "

Then became wary when Lucid bumped his post later that night. When I asked him if we still had a deal he said one of pickup were on hold this was after I committed to send him the money for both. I then felt uncomfortable with the whole transaction. I see that lucid has a lot of love on this board and I'm sure that he has made many successful transactions, but for me the whole thing did not feel right. Yes, I am new to this board but don't hold that against me. We were all new at onetime, we all had to start somewhere. Don't call me a scammer for trying to protect myself when I found out you promised one of the pickups to someone else after I told you I would send payment for both.
    I am sorry that this did not work out but, after all they are just guitar pickups.
    thank you~

Leave a comment:

• Lucid_Lunatic
    replied

Lucid Lunatic - misled me in a deal over a couple of pickups.
    after several PM's and a agreement to send a check first he sold one of the items out from under me.
    See my post on my Duncan Pups for sale thread. Then check the good trader thread on my part.

Sorry dude, but you have no posts here and I explained numerous times that I don't ship COD or take checks. So therefore, we had no deal.

I advise all who deal with this guy to get paid up front, alot of stink because I wouldn't ship items without being paid first screams scammer to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• newking70
    replied

after several PM's and a agreement to send a check first he sold one of the items out from under me.
    a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.....perhaps the other guy paypal'd him...

Leave a comment:

• iodas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SomniferousEyes
    replied

Originally posted by Toner View Post
    Anyone know "Roadstar II" here that can get ahold of him? no e-mail listed, doesn't respond to messages. I'm getting tired of this $hit!
    Go to his house.

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Anyone know "Roadstar II" here that can get ahold of him? no e-mail listed, doesn't respond to messages. I'm getting tired of this $hit!

Leave a comment:

• darnright
    replied
    Re: torres pickups

I received my pickguard assy today. Wrapped in 4 cushioned bags inside a shipping box. Every thing looks great...just as I ordered. Even included a new jack and a trem arm tip to match knobs. So, I remove all the stuff on my old beat to crap MIM strat, install the new guard and jack. Did have to redrill a few pickguard holes (not the 1st one of these). I string it up w/D'addario's, tune it up....and begin to play...guys, I'm not gonna argue with you about this, but I have 4 MIM strats, 1 Highway one and an Ed Roman Pearlcaster. This pickup set sounds awesome, as good as or better than, any of the others. I have Duncan's in all but one of the others, it has Lace Alumatones. I know I got hammered for ordering a Torres guard assy, but I gotta tell you, this sounds amazing. Great clean "bell-like" tones and growling-snarling dirty tones. I really love this set-up. I'm not giving up my Duncan's, I love them too, But in all fairness to Torres engineering, I ordered this last Thursday, I received it today and it was all I hoped for. I don't know that I'll order anything else, but I am very happy with this. I do appreciate all your comments, I was scared I had wasted my money, as I ordered it before anyone had responded to this thread. But so far all is good. Thanks again.
    Last edited by darnright; 10-31-2007, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X